Fiamm disc horns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbart

Reaction score
I'm looking at the space to replace stock horns with Fiamm disc horns.Looks pretty tight.Which panels need to be removed if any for the install?

None..Been there, done that, it's basically plug and play and the disc horns are much louder than stock. Sure, there are louder horns out there but you should use a relay with them. Somewhere on this huge forum someone posted pics of his install but you don't need them.

Sure, there are louder horns out there but you should use a relay with them.
You should use a relay with the Fiamm horns, also. That's what my bike has. The previous owner put the horns on w/o upgrading the wiring. Eventually... a few years down the road, my horns stopped working well & I kept blowing a fuse. Finally brought it to the dealer. They looked into it, & the horns were the culprit.

It was fixed with a relay... but I was told that I was lucky that the extra draw of current did not fry the wiring harness.

Lesson learned... any aftermarket horns require a relay.

Highly recommend FJRandy's harness. That right there is a great value.

Why bother with the disc horns? The FAIMM Freeway Blasters will also fit without mods, using their bracket. Whichever you do, as others have mentioned, put in a relay.

The Blasters were one of the best farkles I ever put on. Uh, there are several "best" farkles of course. Didn't have to cut the panels but if you don't, make sure the brackets are tight, and they will have to be bent somewhat, I believe the one on the right more than the left to get maximum clearance between the tubes. And as FJR Flyer mentioned use the Blaster bracket if you go that route.

Also as mentioned use Randy's harness, a must and don't let anyone try and steer you away from that idea. He uses the quality Bosch relay. Also important check the clearance buy looking over the bars and down the tubes on the horn's when installed with the forks, full turned left and right and bounce, (compress) them when you do. PM. <>< ;)

Last edited by a moderator: