Fieldsheer closeouts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

road runner

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of apparel is discontinued, and most of the dealers are selling the remaining stock really cheap. This is good and bad, because you can get some stuff cheap, if you can find it. I like the stuff they have discontinued and can't get certain things I like anymore :angry: . Does anyone know what the heck is going on ?

A.C.

Just a guess, but they might be changing US distributors. Teknic had a similar issue a few years ago, which is why I have a lot of Teknic stuff (in addition to liking it). For example, out of all the gear I've owned the last four years -- and I've bought a lot -- my Sidi OnRoad boots and Teknic Chicane leather jacket are the only two pieces I still use on a daily basis.

New bike apparel usually is released in the fall. They likely are just clearing out old gear in favor of new.

But then, like so many other manufacturers, they might be going belly-Up. Look what some of the motorcycle manufacturers did and back out of the 2009 racing season.

Only time will tell!

I would not worry about if they'll be around or not. If it's good stuff, and it's real cheap in price, buy it. Unless you figure it'll need repair (and if so why buy it), what's to worry?

If Alpinestars said we're shutting our doors and blowing out product cheap, I'd scoop up all I could afford. Just sayin'.

I've noticed a lot of apparel is discontinued, and most of the dealers are selling the remaining stock really cheap. This is good and bad, because you can get some stuff cheap, if you can find it. I like the stuff they have discontinued and can't get certain things I like anymore :angry: . Does anyone know what the heck is going on ?A.C.

It's how it works every year. Makers come out with "new" stuff to attract buyers and the "old" stuff gets dumped. Sometimes they simply alter exsisting items, sometimes even renaming them, and sometimes the introduce completely new gear. My wifes and my mesh jackets are only a year apart, but are very different...although still simular.

I have a Fieldsheer "Aviator" jacket that I really like, which you can find here:

https://tinyurl.com/mb7d5y

and find even cheaper here:

https://www.bikebandit.com/product/9494

But you won't find it in Fieldsheers new catalog.

https://www.fieldsheer.com/site2009/IE/Technicalwear.htm

ALL clothing makers do this to some degree. Motorsport gear is no exception.

(I paid 145 for my Aviator BTW....lol)

KM

This came up about Fieldsheer in a promotional email from NewEnough:

We bought a load of these jackets at an extremely good price because Fieldsheer is changing distributors and this style is not part of the new distributor's '10 line-up.
So, distributor change as I thought. Same thing happened with Teknic a few years ago.

Ditto the distributor change... Manager at Iron Pony confirmed this and that is why the stuff is being closed out.