Fieldsheer Cyclone 1-pc Suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the sizing on the Cyclone: I'm 6' 2" tall 32"inseam 220# Also, is the suit pretty flexible? I tried an Aerostich Roadcrafter several years ago and it was like wearing cardboard.

Thanks,

John
I'm 6' 2" and 185# and bought the XL. Fits me a little loose but not bad. I saw the following review at a Google "cached" product page (Motorcycle Superstore no longer carries it). I like the suit a lot - great for spring, winter, and fall. It is very flexible.

----------------------------------------------

Fred W Londonderry, NH

Great value in a cold weather suit Bought this suit too late to wear it this spring. It will have to wait for the colder days in the fall. I would not even consider wearing it if the temps will get above 70 degrees F. as this suit is one warm puppy. Size: I am 6'2" 220 lbs, 36" waist, 44" chest, and the size XL fits me well. I seriously doubt that I will ever need the quilted liners unless I decide to wear it on a snowmobile. Bought this on clearance and at $200 it is an extremely good value. Just don't count on wearing it year round.

----------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the sizing on the Cyclone: I'm 6' 2" tall 32"inseam 220# Also, is the suit pretty flexible? I tried an Aerostich Roadcrafter several years ago and it was like wearing cardboard.

Thanks,

John

Sorry to revive an old post but ... it's a good one. Bought the FieldSheer Cyclone suit in early spring '09 year for $199 at Motorcycle Closeouts. Incredible deal. Easy in/out. Full armor. Extremely warm liner for really cold weather (below 35). Water proof. Warm in cold weather. Cool in warm weather (good venting). Works well with electrics. First class suit for the money.
I'll be wearing it tomorrow at the Advanced MSF course here in Atlanta. Weather tomorrow is rain, 41 F high (it'll be 34 F when we get there at 8). Just got an e-mail from the instructor: "It may rain during your course and we do ride in the rain". :D
It will fit you just fine. I have the same measurements except that I am 260 and I had plenty of room.

Just to close the loop. After I bought the Cyclone and reported on it fitting me well, I later decided that since I would only wear a 1 piece suit like this in the really cold weather, it didn't make sense to have one that I couldn't wear the liner in. So that is the suit that eventually was sent to Bustanut Joker as a gift by a few forum members.

As originally stated, I am 6'2" 32" inseam, 36" waist 220 lbs. The only dimension that the XL size did not fit me well in with this suit was the vertical height in the torso, and only with the liners (or other layering) in. As you can see from my above measurements I do have a tall torso for someone 6'2". I sit pretty tall in the saddle too. Otherwise this was a very nice suit. I'm told it fits Bustanut well and that he likes it.

I now have a used Olympia Phantom suit that I bought from another forum member in XXL. It fits me better, but is still snug in the torso length with liners installed, but close enough that I can use it.