Fieldsheer Titanium Air 4 Mesh Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
I nearly always wear ATGATT, the only piece I may leave out is the pants. I already have a pair of Olympia Airglide II pants in silver which I like, but they are a bit big for me in the summer without the liner and only shorts underneath.

I picked up a pair of the Fieldsheer Titanium Air 4.0 Mesh pants a few weeks ago and I like them quite a bit.

- They seem to flow more air than the Olympia mesh pants and fit a little better all the way around, although the backside view could look like I'm carrying a potatoe in my drawers.

- The knee pads are solid, not spongy and are also adjustable up and down.

- Hip pads cover a good bit of area, but are only the soft spongy material.

- The waist is adjustable with velcro, which is a plus.

- The side leg zipper is only about 12", not the full length. Not optimum as they won't go on over boots, but there is a velcro strap at the bottom which helps keep them in place once you get them on.

- I tried on a pair of the Air 3.0's in medium and they were way too tight for me, so I'm in a large in these (34). I wear 33x34 550 Levi's, (they are not a tight fit.)

- These have been discontinued, I was told this by several online retailers when initially looking for size medium (which nobody had in the 4.0), so at some point I'm thinking a close out, not sure when.

Even in black at 105+ degrees, nice pants overall.

The biggest most glaring difference between the FS stuff (and most "retail" brands), and the Olympia stuff, is materials.

Olympia uses Cordura 500 in the Airglide II, and Cordura 1000 in other products. Cordura is a known commodity.

Fieldsheer uses something they call Polytitanium and Carbolex. I have no clue what this stuff is, other than polyester.

I have a Fieldsheer mesh jacket that I still wear. I plan on replacing it with an Olympia product in the very near future. I already own a pair of the Airglide II pants that I absolutely love, and a Phantom full suit. I haven't decided which of their jackets I want to buy, but I plan on getting one very soon.

Just for reference, I've posted Cycleport's research on the matter. As you can see, Cordura 500 is about the middle of the road. There are much stronger materials, but it's leaps above the lesser materials - at least in their testing.

Capture1.JPG

I'm not posting this to scare you, just make you and anyone else aware of the possible differences in these products.

Better that you have MC specific gear on than not at all. So you are already far, far, ahead of the curve as far as most MC riders go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm aware of the shortcomings of various materials, but will say the FS Titanium mesh pants are the coolest I have ever tried. When it's hot as hell it's hard not to appreciate their better airflow.

When stopped, they don't feel hot, stiff or uncomfortable as just about all the others on the market do. They are in fact cooler than wearing jeans, so I'd recommend them if that's what you been wearing.