Final determination?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Just re-read the entire self-buy H4 Replacement PHID Thread Anthology©, and was curious how it all ended up for folks. Are they still in working order? Were they worth it? Tossed in favor of something else? Did Marsha ever find true lo.... Anyway, I'm considering a lighting upgrade for Frank, and frankly not sure which direction to go.

I loves my H4 hi/lo's! The high beams, post mods, are good for lighting my way through corners and not a whole lot more. However, I think they're as good as I remember the stock high beams were. I really don't think a combination hi/lo reflector can put out like separate units, and I didn't want to lose the ability to flash high beams when needed. Lo beam-only might be okay for some, but I figured why downgrade functionality when the hi/lo's don't diminish low beam performance anyway? IMO, the low beams are more than adequate for legal speeds in the dark. Beyond that, if I ever get the fakkin' PHID's I paid for back in early May I'll be golden, without the need for an alternator upgrade.

Not to mention the cool factor of the bright white light, or better visibility to others, day or night.

So, you have to ask yourself, is a real (HID) lighting upgrade worth another grand? I guess it was for me. YMMV

Last edited by a moderator: