Finally Finished. Carbon Fiber panels.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome job! well done.

Now you have to do it to an 08 FJR, Carbon Black. That's like Hot Fudge on chocolate Ice cream. The two would just go natural together.

When can we order?

I'm blown away. Being a carbon fiber/firberglass nut I can appreciate the time and effort involved.

Did you make molds for everything, or did you mold right over the parts?

And do these carbon pieces come off the original, or are they attached permanently?

Jeez..and I thought my home made smuggler was an accomplishment. Great job!

Me Wants! Me Wants!

funny-pictures-cats-want-squirrel.jpg

He clearly stated that he wrapped the existing plastic with Carbon Fiber.

Not Faux vinyl.

Not replacing yamaha plastic with CF.

Assumingly, perminently epoxied in place.

Adding CF to what was already there.

(so....added material specificly for bling factor and to cover damage,

not weight savings)

Bet those panels are tuff as hell though...

Sweet.

It didn't take more than one post to stur up a beehive of interest in CF parts.

I have a spare front fender if someone wants to make a mold from it.

I think GeeLong mentioned making a mold from a front fender with a fender extenda glued to it.

But, I don't think it ever materialized......

Insanely cool idea, if someone wanted to pick up the ball on that idea, it would be popular for sure.

nudge, nudge

Yeah I shipped my fender to someone 3 years ago but never heard back. They were going to get geelong to make a CF fender. I was hoping I'd get one free for use of the fender. Oh well.

I told you these guys would be all over this. LOL

Glenn

Man that is sweet work mister! hows about doing a how to with pcis, parts and supplies and sources!!! I would definately like to do that next time my ass hits the ground :)

Be careful signing up to do work for others - if you don't come through you are mud.

...and put me on the list. :rolleyes:

Wow thats looks awesome, you do some very nice work. I have done some research on doing Fiberglass and Carbon construction, and I know there is alot of prep work for doing this kind of stuff. I really wish I could add this and painting to my skill sets.

Top notch!! :chickawow:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! I want that piece thats between the seat and tank!! :clapping:

It would look oh so sweet on my 08! :yahoo: :dribble: