Finally got one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William England

Reaction score
Been lurking for a year, thinking about one for years before that. Well, the dear wife (@nengland here) encouraged me to pick one up so we can do some 2 up riding. So we did!

Found this 2006 with 40K miles, 2 owners, down at Jay Hatfield Yamaha in Frontenac, KS. Right nice price from what I could tell - $7099 plus $199 fees. And the governors pound...

Now to get a little lower on it - Nikki is an elf of a woman and she wants to ride it too. (And I'm not the longest of leg either, so a nice solid 28-29" seat height will be quite nice.) Ordering up a Soupy's lowering link tonight. Already has the tump--over guards on it, crappy grips (need BMW Sport and the Symtec grip heaters).

Oh - the obligatory photo, with nEngland on the bike:

2006_FJR.jpg

Looks like she fits just fine! Better watch out...Nikki will have her FJR and you'll be left with a goose-egg!
biggrinsmiley.gif

Congrats on the purchase, enjoy the new [to you] bike!

--G

Something tells me over the course of the next year or so she'll be riding as much or more than I do! Betting by next year we'll have to get another one. What a shame!

Oh - the obligatory photo, with nEngland on the bike:
Nice !! what windshield is on your bike ?
I believe it's the Yamaha Touring Screen - really didn't have any makers mark on it, but the bike came with a flyer for the touring screen. We'll see how it works, thinking about trying it out for Moonshine on a SS1K. Been too many years since I ran an Ironbutt ride ('05 for my BBG).

Congrats on her..I mean your new bike,
rolleyes.gif
show a picture of her feet on the ground, looks like you have an after market seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you might have to pick up another FJR. She looks pretty capable of handling that one.

Congratulations on your purchase.

...Nikki is...a woman and she wants to ride it too....
Looking forward to seeing you on the back of the bike. Seriously.

If asphalt junkie had to ride home with his wife on the same bike, he would be on the back. I'm thinking that if Iris had to ride on the same bike with Zooomm he would be the pillion. When our (recently deceased) BMW owner friend had his BMW fail, he rode home on the 3x3 inch "pillion pad" on his wife's Harley. 5.2" wife rode 6.3" hubby home looking like a Shriner's stunt
laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh - the obligatory photo, with nEngland on the bike:[img=[URL="https://will.mylanders.com/mc/2006FJR1300/2006_FJR.jpg%5D"]https://will.mylanders.com/mc/2006FJR1300/2006_FJR.jpg][/URL]
I don't think you'll need the green training wheels. :p Congrats!