First Farkles Finished!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
Well, I spent the last couple of Saturday's doing my electrical mods on my new '07. I put the Blue Seas distribution box in the tail with the relay. I ran the wires from the battery and wires for my GPS down the right side of the frame and up under the seats. I put in two heat-trollers in the little grip heaters panel on the left front and ran those wires down the left side of the frame. One of the heat-trollers works my grips and the other my vest and gloves (for next winter). Everything works and I only have one screw and one fastener left over!!

Now for a cold drink. :yahoo:

Can I have the screw and fastener. I seem to have one missing! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I spent the last couple of Saturday's doing my electrical mods on my new '07. I put the Blue Seas distribution box in the tail with the relay. I ran the wires from the battery and wires for my GPS down the right side of the frame and up under the seats. I put in two heat-trollers in the little grip heaters panel on the left front and ran those wires down the left side of the frame. One of the heat-trollers works my grips and the other my vest and gloves (for next winter). Everything works and I only have one screw and one fastener left over!!
Feels good don't it? I had mine torn apart for the better part of a week working on it each night to get all my electrical farkles done at once with terminal strips for future goodies. A job with spare parts left over is a job well done!
FarklesA.jpg

Feels good don't it? I had mine torn apart for the better part of a week working on it each night to get all my electrical farkles done at once with terminal strips for future goodies. A job with spare parts left over is a job well done!
FarklesA.jpg
Sure does. I ran some extra wire pairs up to the front for future additions.

So How did you disable the auto retract. I tried a year ago to find the connector they all talked about on my o5, but could not locate it.

FarklesA.jpg

Could you PLEASE

Where did you get the Blue Sea fuse box?

I take it there isn't a place to mount it up under the Nose/Dash?

I just got in some grip heatersand I'm wanting to power some other things but I don't have the first clue about wiring anything and I'm afraid w/o detailed instructions I'll screw it up. I assume there are good directions for the blue sea install.

Glenn

I'm actually going to put my Radar detector and MP3 player in a tank bag that can be hooked up electrcally with 1 jastek outlet.

It's there. You just have to keep after it on some bikes. Updates for newer models included at the bottom https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/shield/shield.html

shelf02.jpg
I have had panels C&D off my 07 three times and still can't find that damn plug. (Even put on my glasses!) I tried the thread given plus some of the others posted elsewhere, and my bike doesn;t look like any of them under the instruments. GUess I need a cutting torch or sabre sawe! :)

there are some folk that found the jumper by going through the access panel on the nose of the bike that's under the windshield. others had their jumper stuffed tightly inside the harness and they had to carefully extract it from within the bowels of the bundle.

there are some folk that found the jumper by going through the access panel on the nose of the bike that's under the windshield. others had their jumper stuffed tightly inside the harness and they had to carefully extract it from within the bowels of the bundle.
Thanks Bounce. Maybe they are different down here in Houston, so I'll try again and again. I don't think my 07 has panel under the windshield, but I haven't pulled the windshield yet. Don't remember seeing it when I installed CeeBaily windshield.

Thanks Bounce. Maybe they are different down here in Houston, so I'll try again and again. I don't think my 07 has panel under the windshield, but I haven't pulled the windshield yet. Don't remember seeing it when I installed CeeBaily windshield.

The 07 does not have an access panel in the nose. Or if it does, it is the most hidden panel I have ever seen. (I took the windshield off before I discovered this).

I also had trouble finding the auto retract plug. Here's what I did.

Take the right (rider's right) black dash board cover off, then take the center right dashboard cover off (you have to remove two of the screws that are part of the fairing to get these off). All I could see was one big white plug when I took these off. The auto retract plug was up behind the speedo just to the left of the main plug. It had some slack so that I could pull it out about an inch and see the red and black wire. From there, it came apart easilly.

Great job on your farkles... I too installed a blue sea fuse block - can you tell me the location of where you ground it? and maybe how you ground it? cause I don't even know what that is supposed to do?

thanks , FNG Dan

The 07 does not have an access panel in the nose. Or if it does, it is the most hidden panel I have ever seen. (I took the windshield off before I discovered this).
+1

The 07 does not have that panel, or it is hidden in the Black Cherry Hole under the windshield.

I found my retract connector without too much trouble. I placed some electrical tape over the open connector end. Before I replaced the panels, I went looking for the connector with the intent of tie-wrapping it away. Couldn't find hide nor hair of it. It absolutely disappeared into the dark abyss and has never since been seen.