First Full Day Ride FJR Report!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogie

Two Wheels Forever!!!
Reaction score
Let me start of by saying to Yamaha......"Job well done designing this bike!!"

Yesterday was one the most enjoyable days of riding I have had in a long time!!

The FJR absolutely just floats down the road at highway speed. You actually have to really pay close attention to your speed as it will creep up on you to 90mph without even feeling it.

The Display on this bike is so amazing. Tach and Speedo are easy to read and very well positioned. The digital information cluster is full of great info. (Temp Gauge, Fuel Level Gauge, Air Temp, Gear Indicator, Clock, Trip A, Trip B, Total Miles, Average Fuel Consumption, Current Fuel Consumption )

FJR-FirstRoadTrip035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We took off yesteday for a ride over to the Mississippi River to ride along the Great River Road.

We left Coralville about 10am and headed down the back roads to Dubuque,IA then from there we headed up the GRR to Old Balltown where we made are first stop at an scenic over look.

FJR-FirstRoadTrip001.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip003.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip004.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip007.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip006.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip013.jpg

From there we headed back up the GRR which is a nice twisty section of road about 18 miles long to Guttenberg,IA and then on up to Pikes Peak State Park.

Up by the Rangers Office they had these Humming Bird feeders out and the tree was just full of the little buggers!! They are fast little shits!!

Needed a better zooming lense to take pics of these guys. The second you started to get close they bolted.

FJR-FirstRoadTrip015.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip016.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip017.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip026.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip027.jpg

We left the Park and headed through McGregor, IA and then across the river in to Prarrie Du Chein, Wisconsin.

We rode along the river for a bit and then headed East to Mt. Sterling, WI and Gays Mills, WI where the apple orchards are. The orchards are closed down till fall when they start selling apples, cheese and other products but the trees had their blossoms on and it smelled really neat riding through there.

They re-paved the road to Mt. Sterling and it is absolutely smooth and full of curves.

Had to stop along the road to take a leak!!

FJR-FirstRoadTrip029.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip030.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip031.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip032.jpg

I figured I had been riding to long and was getting tired when I started seeing Pink Elephants!! :blink:

Time to head home!!

379.1 miles later and I am very impressed with this bike. Comfort for an all day 2up ride and the power & ability to handle the curves.

This bike is the perfect two-up cruiser with sport handling.

FJR-FirstRoadTrip033.jpg

FJR-FirstRoadTrip034.jpg

:yahoo: NOW you know why FJR owners are always smiling and happy!!!!! :yahoo:
What a great first-day-ride report!

Absolutely!! Ella and I had a great day of riding for sure and looking foward to many more! :yahoo:

I liked that. Good pictures. Beautiful vistas. Good stuff. Are you gonna have a nice summer? :D

It is gonna be a great summer!! :clapping:

Can't wait to get down to the Smokey Mountains in August!! :yahoo:

Nice pics, so glad to see you don't have matching helmets. All elephants are pink to Odot :rolleyes:
:lol: Nope...no matching helmets here. :D

I figured I had been riding to long and was getting tired when I started seeing Pink Elephants!! :blink:

I saw this picture just above that quote and thought 'this guys has balls the size of Mt Everest.....and he needs glasses, too!!!!!'

FJR-FirstRoadTrip032.jpg

Then I saw this picture and it all made sense

FJR-FirstRoadTrip033.jpg

Great ride report.

Bogie,

Nice pics. I have been down that way a few years back on a ride through the quad Cites.. Very nice scenary!

WW

Congrats on the bike and on having somebody who enjoys rides together!

It is great that Ella enjoys the riding so much!! :yahoo:

I saw this picture just above that quote and thought 'this guys has balls the size of Mt Everest.....and he needs glasses, too!!!!!'

Then I saw this picture and it all made sense

Great ride report.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks!

Bogie,
Nice pics. I have been down that way a few years back on a ride through the quad Cites.. Very nice scenary!

WW

Thanks......I think were gonna go back over this Saturday but head over into Illinois via Dubuque this time and head south to Galena and on down to the Quad Cities this time. :yahoo:

Congrats on the report and your good taste in bikes and partners. It is great that you have someone to share the rides with you. I hope you have a great summer. Sounds like you have lots of plans. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

Absolutely!! Ella and I had a great day of riding for sure and looking foward to many more! :yahoo:
Yeah, the best rides are often the ones we share with others. You're lucky to have someone who wants to 2-up with you!

I am very lucky in many wyas when it comes to Ella! :yahoo:

Congrats on the report and your good taste in bikes and partners. It is great that you have someone to share the rides with you. I hope you have a great summer. Sounds like you have lots of plans. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

This is going to be a great summer of riding, camping, kyaking and hiking!! :D

I'm lucky too. Mine rides her own BMW F800ST. :)

We have been talking about her taking the MC Safety course in a year or so and her getting her own bike. :yahoo: