First Gear Pants Damage Repair

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
I have First Gear HT overpants. I noticed a cut in the outer material layer only, not all the way through. What is the best way to sew or repair the cut and with what type of material to retain water resistence.

Thanks

It's difficult without seeing the actual damage, but I've had

great success using Tear Mender ( available at Tractor

Supply ) to repair rips, tears, open seams, loose threads, etc.

It's difficult without seeing the actual damage, but I've hadgreat success using Tear Mender ( available at Tractor

Supply ) to repair rips, tears, open seams, loose threads, etc.

Thanks. It is a very fine slice almost perfect like a razor blade did it. Ill check TSC.

I'm not a seamstress, though I sometimes dress up as one, but never mind about that. I'd suggest you call First Gear and ask them to suggest the best way to repair this. They're sure to know.

My first gear HT winter overpants are. the. shit. Gift from the wife. Don't know why I didn't buy some sooner. Let us know what you go with.

Thanks all. I love my HT OP. Tear Mender should work but I need to find a small strip of material to make the repair. I will call First Gear tomorrow.

I also recommend calling FirstGear. They have great customer service. Last spring, my old HT overpants zippers crapped out. Customer service said they were in the middle of switching repair contractors and they sent me a new pair at no cost. I just had to send them pics then send the old pants back. New model pants are awesome. This is my third set.

Firstgear has pretty good customer support. I sent in an older pair of HT overpants for repairs to several zippers. Not sure if they may have sent back a new pair when I got them back.

An alternative for all sorts of outerwear repair is rainypassrepair.com They also do nice work on all sorts of technical outerwear repair.

--Kevin