First impressions of the "06 models

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 'finally' got to sit on a '06 today at the International Motorcycle Show
I was trying to find out about the 'tick' issue, but those working the booth were not very knowledgeable or helpful...
I read somewhere Yamaha decided the ticking problem was caused by oil starvation although that doesn't quite explain why only about 7-10% suffer from it. Any one with more detailed info?

If I had to speculate, I'd say it's because only 7 to 10 percent of the folks who drive FJRs are crazy/brave enough to go around performing excessive wheelies, forcing the oil in their sumps to slosh away from the oil pump pickup, causing the oiling starvation.

Or it's George Bush's fault.

If I had to speculate, I'd say it's because only 7 to 10 percent of the folks who drive FJRs are crazy/brave enough to go around performing excessive wheelies, forcing the oil in their sumps to slosh away from the oil pump pickup, causing the oiling starvation.
Or it's George Bush's fault.
It's George's FAULT ;) ;) !

Happy Holidays,

Shane

I have 12,000 miles on the bike now and absolutely no problems at all.

I try to hear the tick but my mind cannot produce the sound!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Iwas just reading the Yamaha Canada site for the new '06 and noticed that it has............self cancelling turn signals. :shock: Don't think anyone has mentioned that little item. Over the years many have asked for it, now you've got it.