First ride of the Yeat 'n farkle review!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedPorscheKilla

Reaction score
Well the New Year was 1100 hours old and my cabine fever got the better of me, despite a cold, I just couldn't resist and let this beautiful PNW day go to waste and my arse wasn't out riding. Sure, temps been a tad on the low side, but heck, I've got the winter gear, so nut up or shut up we went for a 100 mile ride, avg. temp 36F, sun was out, so that made up for a lot.

Farkle review:

Suspension....boy oh boy the KFG farkle worked wonders, my FeeJay feels as that she did shed 200 lbs ( we know she didn't
smile.png
), but it feel that way. She's very agile now and almost effortless can you drop her in to a turn, that suspension was worth every buck the spend. We went a tad super slap and there's a 2 mile stretch on I5 which has a nasty pavement, both direction, it used to bother me a lot in the summer when I had to pass through this section, now I didn't feel a thing, just smooth rolling over. I now get a good feedback on what kind of terrain I'm and it feels spot on.

Rich's saddle farkle....well my buns are now my biggest fans LOL, we rode 3 hours and my arse didn't fall asleep or even felt any pain, that saddle works wonders and I can't wait for more ......

VStrom farkle.....right on, no nasty wind was bugging me, over the entire ride of about 3 hours, I didn't get any cold fingers, it felt just right..awesome farkle, compared to without I didn't feel my fingers after about 20 mins in to my ride....

FZ1 mirror farkle..well before hand I admit...I bought the knock offs and, and and? Have to say, I have no complaints, first, the rear view now is awwwww so great, the mirrors stood steady no vibrations no nothing, so the lesser money spend was a good call I don't regret.

Pazzo levers.... Well you want a fine adjustable lever, go this route and you won't regret it, I knew them already from my Gixxer, but I would definitely like my move for my FeeJay! More reports to come, so far all my farkles worked out just fine, thanks for all the insights I was able to gain of this forum!

V

RPK

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you are now a GP Suspension convert. The FZ1 mirror are great - no more chicken wing thing to see behind you.

Sounds like a good day RPK albeit a little on the cold side.
cold.gif

Great to hear the new suspenders are all you expected...tire life will be going down hill now!

--G

Great report on your ride, I got out for a few hrs today also, cold but worth it
Thank you, yes it was worth every mile!

Sounds like a good day RPK albeit a little on the cold side. :cold: Yes it was a good day, even though a tad cold, I forgot my chin protection and so the cold wind told me how bad that idea was :)

Great to hear the new suspenders are all you expected...tire life will be going down hill now!

--G
Glad to hear you are now a GP Suspension convert. The FZ1 mirror are great - no more chicken wing thing to see behind you.
Yes, the move to GP, was the coolest thing, also the mirrors make riding now soo much easier, especially when Black 'n White wants to sneak up on you, like they did a few times last year....

Yes, the move to GP, was the coolest thing, also the mirrors make riding now soo much easier, especially when Black 'n White wants to sneak up on you, like they did a few times last year....
You can avoid them sneaking up on you by driving faster than them.
uhoh.gif

Truth be told I usually ride 5+ - I don't need another a ticket.

Same here Fontanaman. I go 5+ and try to keep my cool, yet with the old mirrors, they get to startle me a few times...not cewl them boys. I knock on wood, so far no ticket for me...and I'm working hard to keep it that way.

V

RPK

[quote name="escapefjrtist" post=RPK,sometimes it just happens...If you ever need some "assistance" I can point you in the right direction.

--G

I would much appreciate that Escapefjrtist! And again thanks for that you talked me in to the KFG farkle, it truly put a big smile on my face when I leaned her in to the first corner yesterday!

V

RPK

I would much appreciate that Escapefjrtist! And again thanks for that you talked me in to the KFG farkle, it truly put a big smile on my face when I leaned her in to the first corner yesterday!

V

RPK
First Fontanaman, and then you RPK!

I should go into sales...
grin.gif

--G

V

RPK
First Fontanaman, and then you RPK!

I should go into sales...
grin.gif

--G
Yeah between moi and RPK, George has sold about $3700 worth of suspension gear. Both RPK and I know it was worth every penny. Put the bike in a turn and it stays there without any effort. We both appreciate George's help.