First ride on FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An FJR1300 & a Valkyrie!  That's makes two of us. 
I have thought about a 'wing for the long trips when my 11 year old daughter rides along but haven't bit the bullet yet.

My third bike is an FZ1, if you sold your wing & bought an FZ1 then we'd match!  That would be a lot cheaper for me!  :lol:
Nope that makes 3 of us. I have a 99 Valkyrie Interstate and just today put my order in for the FJR. I think it will be the best of both worlds! :D
I have an '01 Valkyrie Interstate and an '03 FJR. Love them both...but the FJR gets a bit more attention these days. The engine is addictive. ;)

For all you want to be new FJR owners do not worry about the tick. why? The percentage that I read in motor mag was three tenth of one percent of all the fjr's sold from 03 to 05 and I have an 05 with 8k on it. Just follow the MFG. break-in instructions and switch to a good dino oil after the first oil change and finish the break-in as outlined in your book and the use of good oil of your choice you should have an FJR tick free. Then comes the decision of when to switch to synthetic oil ? For me around 10k,mostly because of the rings seating and getting them to wear in properly. The most fun bike I have owned and ridden I have been riding since I was 12 started on a honda 50 1963

So what is the fuss, put you money down and wait you wont regret it!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: weekend rider

....as I still second guess myself about ordering an 06 FJR rather than a Wing or a BMW GT...........
Don't second guess on the BMW-GT. Most ride reports praised its engine but condemned the GT as so uncomfortable as to be nearly unridable.

Besides ...you can't see where the hell you are going when that GW air bag goes off! :bigeyes:
What the hell is there to see?

If that sucker goes off, it's 'cause you're going DOWN! Do you need to see DOWN?

All you need to do when you hear the "BANG" is start praying.

I have used several bikes for my daily commute (100 miles x 5 times per week) and all of them had good features and bad features. The Wing was by far the most comfortable, but by Wednesdays I was looking for something less boring. The Blackbird (CBR1100XX) was by far the most fun, but by Thursday my back and neck had had enough. The FJR is only one of two bikes that keep me happy all five days of the week. The toys (cruise, xm, sp3, etc) were easy to mount and IF I obey the speed limit I get 50 mpg (+/-2). The bike was easy to lower and has enough power to extract you from whatever daydreaming situation you fall into. It is fairly easy to clean and maintenance is hassle free for a bike with a plastic cover. This is probably the best commuter I could ask for

I have used several bikes for my daily commute (100 miles x 5 times per week) and all of them had good features and bad features. The Wing was by far the most comfortable, but by Wednesdays I was looking for something less boring. The Blackbird (CBR1100XX) was by far the most fun, but by Thursday my back and neck had had enough. The FJR is only one of two bikes that keep me happy all five days of the week. The toys (cruise, xm, sp3, etc) were easy to mount and IF I obey the speed limit I get 50 mpg (+/-2). The bike was easy to lower and has enough power to extract you from whatever daydreaming situation you fall into. It is fairly easy to clean and maintenance is hassle free for a bike with a plastic cover. This is probably the best commuter I could ask for

Besides ...you can't see where the hell you are going when that GW air bag goes off!

"BELIEVE ME, IF YOUR AIRBAG GOES OFF, YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE WHERE YOUR GOING!"

And, if you have been bad all your life, no one wants to see where your going!

:rip: :diablo:

Wish I was smart enough to figure out how to put a quote in the box, like you guys do! :dntknw:

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides ...you can't see where the hell you are going when that GW air bag goes off! 
"BELIEVE ME,  IF YOUR AIRBAG GOES OFF, YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE WHERE YOUR GOING!"

And, if you have been bad all your life, no one wants to see where your going!

:rip:  :diablo:

Wish I was smart enough to figure out how to put a quote in the box, like you guys do! :dntknw:
Maybe it's by clicking the "Quote" button in the top-right of the post window?

Or maybe not.