First Ride on my new FJR back from dealers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverHound

Reaction score
Just picked up my '08 1300A this morning and the following is an account of my 96 mile ride home...

Parking lot to road.....very smooth, clutch engages quickly.

Road to Highway...nice pickup

Remaining 90 miles on highway.....Wheeeeeeeeee! Also....wow, hits 120 pretty easily.

Overall....me likey. Had we not had some prior plans this afternoon I would still be breaking her in. I can't believe I waited this long to get a sport tourer. Ok I have to go back into the garage now and stare at her for a while. :yahoo:

NICE! Congrats and have fun with it. (That's the easy part.) Oh, and I'm sure the 120 was on a track you stopped at on the way home....

;)

Hey congrats on the new ride. I got mine all the way up in Galeton, PA and had to ride all the back to MD. Oh what a ride. We will have to ride next spring. By the way 2 days left on the group buy for the Russell seats. We already have 50 in so it's 20% off!!!!

Take Care and ride Safe!

Yup! Put my Russell order in as soon as I got home and was able to take the pictures they needed. 90+ miles was all the seat time I needed to know that an aftermarket seat was in required. None of my bikes have stock seats...I think it's a conspiracy between the OEMs and the aftermarket seat makers. ;)

Oh, and I'm sure the 120 was on a track you stopped at on the way home.... ;)
I never said 120 mph, I meant I easily hit 120 bugs while maintaining the legal speed limit. :rolleyes:
Haha...Smooth. Glad you like her. That's about how I felt the first two days I rode mine. Couldn't believe I had waited that long. Forgot what it was like to have a genuinely fast bike.

Congrats on the new bike! When I had got my 06 new from the dealer, on the way home, I thought I had made a huge mistake. Main reason was I had been on cruisers for over 20 years and the FJR just felt totally alien and it was going to take some getting use to. The feeling was short lived and now the cruiser sees more garage time than the Feejer. Go figure. PM. <>< :yahoo:

After 2 yrs on a cruiser, the FJR feels like a rocket ship! Have fun and ride safe, I still remember my ride home and it causes and involuntary grin.

Bob

Twice?????

Last edited by a moderator:
After 2 yrs on a cruiser, the FJR feels like a rocket ship! Have fun and ride safe, I still remember my ride home and it causes and involuntary grin.
Bob

Bob

Twice?????
It's just that good, gotta say it twice. Right OB?

BTW, how the hell did you get a picture of my girlfriend? :huh:

Just picked up my '08 1300A this morning and the following is an account of my 96 mile ride home...

Remaining 90 miles on highway.....Wheeeeeeeeee! Also....wow, hits 120 pretty easily.

Overall....me likey. Had we not had some prior plans this afternoon I would still be breaking her in. I can't believe I waited this long to get a sport tourer. Ok I have to go back into the garage now and stare at her for a while. :yahoo:
===

careful.... don't let anyone see ya touching it like that..... :rolleyes: :dribble: :dribble:

I can't believe with the awesome weather we had in the northeast today that you only rode 96 miles :dribble:
Yeah I know, but I did say in my original post that we already had other plans. Since my wife drove me down and followed me home in the car, doesn't complain that I now have four bikes in the garage, and generally puts up with my crap...I feel obligated sometimes to spend some time doing what she wants me to do. :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, but I did say in my original post that we already had other plans. Since my wife drove me down and followed me home in the car, doesn't complain that I now have four bikes in the garage, and generally puts up with my crap...I feel obligated sometimes to spend some time doing what she wants me to do. :rolleyes:
Smart man..... it pays to keep the Home Front happy.... I pretty much baby my bride between October and April, 'cuz between May and September, I am on the road every chance I get.

That FJR is something else, isn't it? Wait till you wife sees you going out to the garage at night for no reason other than to just look at it... I get busted doing this all the time. :lol:

Congrats. I predict that mileage accumulation on the other 3 bikes will decrease severely over the next riding season...

I'm shopping for a new one right now; if you don't mind me asking, what type of deal did you get at this time of the year? Seams as though most dealerships are selling at MSRP around me.

thanks and enjoy...

Wayne

I'm shopping for a new one right now; if you don't mind me asking, what type of deal did you get at this time of the year? Seams as though most dealerships are selling at MSRP around me.
thanks and enjoy...

Wayne
Bike $12,125

Dealer prep $300

Delivery $300 (they had it brought in from a dealer in another state)

Oh and Yamaha is running a 0 down, 0 payments and 0% finance charge for six months deal, so even though I was going to just buy it outright I figured I would use Yamaha's money for 179 days . If I sell my two bikes that are on the block in the mean time great and if not...well I got to hold onto my cash for a few more months. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new wheels. Mine is 3 weeks old today and I am spending many an evening in the garage staring at it and making vroom vroom noises. The Wifey just rolls her eyes. We had some very unsual rain yesterday and today in CA so no riding for me...Enjoy and ride safe!

"I'm shopping for a new one right now; if you don't mind me asking, what type of deal did you get at this time of the year? Seams as though most dealerships are selling at MSRP around me."

Extrememarine,

I picked mine up at HondaEast in Toledo (actually Maumee, OH). I found them to have the best pricing around that area.

https://www.cycletrader.com/find/search-res...Sort-Year:DESC/

To get their pricing you can either call directly or search in Cycletrader.com The price advertised is your price + 6% MI sales tax and $15 paperwork fee. My purchase experience with them was very good. Haven't been back, I do my own service.

Mike

I paid $14,000 Out The Door (Tax, Title everything), at an OTD dealer no less, for the 2008 ABS A. I felt that was a pretty decent deal all things considered based on prices I am seeing in California.