First scratches..................

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leartech

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it. Got myself sidetracked and didn't put the side stand down. F.........Me.

Bagdamagesmall.jpg

Mirrordamagesmall.jpg

The adrenaline was then such that the bike only felt like it weighed about 15 pounds when I picked it up. Of course, the girlfriend got to see it too.

So, lesson for today, put the stupid stand down before you get off your bike. LOL

NO, it isn't Friday.

Bryan

My no brainer was a couple of years ago when I was moving my bike away from the pumps at a gas station. My friend was behind me waiting to fill up so I was pulling forward to clear access to the pump for him; I banged my hard right bag against a guard post at about 2 miles an hour, which was enough to knock me over to the left side damaging the left hard bad and front fairing. Never felt so stupid in my life……. And no, none of it buffed out…… I like the stock color, so it only cost me a small stack of $100 bills at the body shop……. But the “Way to go dumb $#!+” feeling still remains………

Hey now, was there any alcohol involved? Looks like the folks in the background be partying n stuff.. just say'n that if you did this sober, then dog pile jihad friday should happen early! Just kiddin wid yah, sorry to read you scatched your baby.

Mirrordamagesmall.jpg

TOGs... TOGs... TOGs... :unsure:

Sliders are installed, but they don't protect the mirror or bags. Thankfully, none of the really expensive plastic took scratches.

Hey now, was there any alcohol involved? Looks like the folks in the background be partying n stuff.. just say'n that if you did this sober, then dog pile jihad friday should happen early! Just kiddin wid yah, sorry to read you scatched your baby.
Mirrordamagesmall.jpg

Completely sober, photo taken after I got home, but certainly feel like having a drink now..................damnit.

Bah. Fuhgetaboutit.

Dropped mine on the off ramp going to the EOM hotel last year.

Yep. Definitely feel like an idjit when that happens.

Chicks dig scars and scratches on the bags add character.

It would seem you've now earned membership in the 'drop club' -

Grab one of them thingies out of my sig line to use in yours - comliments of LowlevelFJRPilot

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer mang. First scratches are really painful. I'm a bummin for ya.

But the good news is that they get easier to deal with the more you get. :clapping: (Assuming you don't fix them)

And I know what I am talking about. :(

SkooterG fixes everything. In fact, right now he's developing a new electrical system that only requires some dead grasshoppers and some blades of grass. That dude can seriously split some atoms.

Fixedit.jpg

This is probably as fixed as it is going to get for a little while.

My only fear is it starting down the path of looking like odots bike..............................long way to go yet mind you.

Last edited by a moderator:
...ouch

No biggie, It'll buff out

*ducks N runs*

I had an...uh....incident with my 2003 shortly after I got it (in 2006) Ended up sliding off the road in my subdivision and dropping the bike in some guy's yard. Low speed, no one hurt...details not important right now....but there was this BIG black gouge on the side of my bag.

Couple days later I took a closer look. Didn't look like it was really "gouged". Rubbed it with my finger and it came off!! Turns out I just had some black paint from the guy's mailbos post on the bag!!

So.....sometime they DO buff right out. :yahoo:

Ray

Well, I finally did it. Got myself sidetracked and didn't put the side stand down. F.........Me.
Bagdamagesmall.jpg

Mirrordamagesmall.jpg

The adrenaline was then such that the bike only felt like it weighed about 15 pounds when I picked it up. Of course, the girlfriend got to see it too.

So, lesson for today, put the stupid stand down before you get off your bike. LOL

NO, it isn't Friday.

Bryan
Did the same thing, all I remember was that the bike was leaning left and I couldn't hold it up. Scratched the bag & mirror (minor) but the paint on the case took it down to aluminum. I of course had to run my hand over all the scratches... Damn that thing gets HOT! Any OEM paint for the engine case?

Feel like a dumb ass

Dude

You know I'm always afraid that i'll drop the bike after putting the side stand down so I always give the bike a pull backwards to ensure the side stand is full extended and ensuring the bike won't fall down. The other thing is the ground under the bike, solid and able to support the weight of the contact pad of the side stand.

Just thought i would comment on this subject just to see if the avatar would display. The chick is hotttt.

Semper Fi

Dude
You know I'm always afraid that i'll drop the bike after putting the side stand down so I always give the bike a pull backwards to ensure the side stand is full extended and ensuring the bike won't fall down. The other thing is the ground under the bike, solid and able to support the weight of the contact pad of the side stand.

Just thought i would comment on this subject just to see if the avatar would display. The chick is hotttt.

Semper Fi

Uh yeah I'd put an apple on my head (or anywhere else) :D for her in a heartbeat