First tire change

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pic's of my first tire change. I will be dropping it off at the stealer tomorrow to have it swapped out with my new PR2 from the group buy.
And to think the wife and I went for a two hr. ride last Sunday! :blink:

Not bad mileage IMO

Reasembled and waiting for the new tire to be put on.

Geez, alot of wasted rubber on the sides. Straight roads where you live?

Steve

Two words dude - WEAR BARS. Learn what they are, change the tire when you get to them.

Next two words - Fork stand. Buy one if you're going to keep parking the bike sans tire. Although the scissor jack idea is a good one.

Next two words - Air Pressure. What pressures are you running?

How about you show us a pic of that rear tire. I've yet to see any front wear out before the rear on the FJR. 021s are crap front, though the rear is decent. I've run two sets of those and the fronts were done at 5k on one, 9600 on the other, both cupped to hell. And I usually get 12k out of the fronts. Hell, I even took a Conti RA to 16k, but that was stupid. And it wasn't nearly as worn as your front.

@Daily Commuter - Are you going to plug the tire from the inside? Or install a sticky string at home in the garage? You do understand that the stop and go plugs are temporary, right? They don't vulcanize to the tire, and will wear down and pop out.