First trip on the Feejer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64Y80

Reaction score
I took 3 days to ride to the Smoky Mountain National Park and back. The first day involved all freeway and it was hot as all get out (my air temp guage registered anywhere from 97 to 102 for most of the trip). I ended up slow cooking my left leg just above my riding boots. This picture was taken about a month after, just a scab now.

001.JPG

I'll be pulling out my chaps for the next ride.

The second day was spent just riding the park, the scenery was fantastic as were the roads, and no I didn't ride deals gap, it was closed for repair at the time.

DSCN0308.JPG

DSCN0310.JPG

DSCN0315.JPG

DSCN0311.JPG

Anyhoo after a day of this kind of scenery I headed home in a good steady rain. I tried to run out of it but gave up after about 2 hours and took refuge in a motel north of Knoxville for the night. The next morning the skies were clearing so I jumped back on I75 for the trip home. As I merged with traffic I looked down at my guages to check speed and I spotted a little green hand come out from underneath my left handle bar, then a second hand came out followed by this little tree frog.

DSCN0323.JPG

I pulled onto the shoulder of the road to snap this picture before I put him in the woods beside the road.

Not much of a trip but it was a good learning lesson about the FJR and the frog was icing on the cake.

I took 3 days to ride to the Smoky Mountain National Park and back. The first day involved all freeway and it was hot as all get out (my air temp guage registered anywhere from 97 to 102 for most of the trip). I ended up slow cooking my left leg just above my riding boots. This picture was taken about a month after, just a scab now.
001.JPG

I'll be pulling out my chaps for the next ride.
OUCH ! You may want to invest in full riding pants. They will help insulate you from that.

<snip>The next morning the skies were clearing so I jumped back on I75 for the trip home. As I merged with traffic I looked down at my guages to check speed and I spotted a little green hand come out from underneath my left handle bar, then a second hand came out followed by this little tree frog.
DSCN0323.JPG

I pulled onto the shoulder of the road to snap this picture before I put him in the woods beside the road.
That's cool. :good:

Consider your bike blessed with extra good juju for that selfless act.

:rolleyes:

Brodie

Brodie, I am definitely looking at riding pants, but until then, my chaps from my harley days should give the protection from the heat. I'm really glad the frog decided just to ride on the handle bar until I could pull over and stop. I would have hated to see him/her do a suicide jump while I was doing 70 down the freeway.

Brodie, I am definitely looking at riding pants, but until then, my chaps from my harley days should give the protection from the heat. I'm really glad the frog decided just to ride on the handle bar until I could pull over and stop. I would have hated to see him/her do a suicide jump while I was doing 70 down the freeway.
Lucky frog! :eek:

I still remember about 25 years ago riding in Florida, when a lizard came scurrying across the tank toward me. Musta got too hot for him ontop of that air cooled GS1100E engine! :huh: I don't like killing things for no reason, but I wasn't going to have him run up my arm into the helmet so he took a flying leap (assisted by my gloved hand) onto the freeway at 70mph. :( I don't think he made out as good as your frog. :dribble: