FJR 1300 Pit Jackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuning fork

Reaction score
Ran across and ordered an FJR 1300 pit jacket on e-bay. if you do a search you will find them.

Anyway they look great, I'll try to post some pics. but won't post the link in case it violates forum rules.

They are about $66 shipeed to your door, around 2 weeks delivery time. I will have mine then,

so if anyone wants to wait until I get mine I'll let you know how they look.

1231f40f_1.jpg

1231f2ef_1.jpg

I bought mine from the U.K. vendor.

Saw some from AU. as well.

Seller assures me I won't be disappointed, so we'll see....

They're pretty nice jackets though the zipper is on the left hand side. Seem to attract dirt untill you've washed it a coupla times. Not great riding gear as all that flapping really generates quite a large static build up. Great conversation starter too. Worth the price imo.

J

I bought one of these type jackets last year and it seems to be well made.

The buyit now price is pretty cheap.It costs more for shipping and handling then the purchase price.

The embroidering is pretty nice also, but as stated not a riding jacket.

Got one about a year ago and its a pretty good jacket. Not for cold weather or riding though. Good casual wear. PM. <>< B)

Still don't have jacket.

Check out the messages. Can't believe what was typed back.

I will post all so all sides of story are fairly presented...

Nov. 23rd immediate payment:

Russell->Dear Michael,

Thank you for your payment.

Your deluxe Yamaha FJR 1300 jacket (size XXL) will be despatched by 17.00 BST Monday 27th November 2006.

All items are sent by International Registered Airmail. Please allow 7-14 working days for delivery. However, due to circumstances beyond our control postal delays can occur.

Kind regards,

Russell Smith

Nov. 24th Me->OK thank you Russell.

Great product by the way, I will stick a link on an FJR forum if I can.

Mike

Nov. 24th Russell->Thanks Mike I apreciate that.

Beleive me when I tell you that the picture doesn't do this jacket justice.

Regards,

Russell

Week later Me->Hello,

Is tracking available yet?

Thanks.

PS- Posted your jackets on fjrforum, best wishes.

Russell->Unfortunately the tracking number will only appear on the USPS website when the item arrives at the postal facility in your area.

Kind regards,

Russell

Dec 8th Me->Hello,

Just letting you know I still have not received the jacket,or a tracking number. Any info. you can supply would be appreciated. Thank You.

Dec. 9th Russell->Hi Michael,

Please accept my apologies but due to a production error your jacket was shipped later than expected.

However the tracking number is RC055644209TH although it will not appear on the USPS website until the item reaches the postal facility in your area.

Kind regards,

Russell

Today Dec.14th Me->Hey man,

I paid for this Nov. 23rd.

Pretty unhappy.Getting close to leaving neg. feedback unless here in next few days.

Mike

Today Russell->That's why I hate dealing with Americans!!!

From the little guy to the President you just love threatening people!

I am not responsible for the crap postal service in your country so go ahead and leave negative feedback. I couldn't give a toss... But I will take great pleasure in returning the compliment.

Don't bother contacting me again because I will not respond.

Whew! Was going to kill him with kindness but oh well.

I do think the jacket will eventually show, but hey....

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the pit shirt a while back. It's very nice and took forever to get here though.

One thing the photos didn't show was allthough the shirt is black with a white collar, the cuffs are white too.

Which means, it's probably perfect for TWN. It has that 'I'm special' look to it.

:D

Another satisfied customer of steal bay. That's why I don't use their service anymore. And besides, we have the best postal and delivery services in the world. That jerk is pretty brave way over in gook land knocking us. Never could understand how those theives could get away with shipping costs they put out on that junk they make. That's the trend on steal bay, lower the price and raise the shipping. PM. <>< :p

Another satisfied customer of steal bay. That's why I don't use their service anymore. And besides, we have the best postal and delivery services in the world. That jerk is pretty brave way over in gook land knocking us. Never could understand how those theives could get away with shipping costs they put out on that junk they make. That's the trend on steal bay, lower the price and raise the shipping. PM. <>< :p

Gotta disagrree about the US post office.... some areas have supurb service, other places really suck.

Depends on the peeps running the local offices and how backed up the shippers are.....

the same can be said for the brown guys, the orange and blue guys, etc.....

No comments about xbay..... I've had good luck with everything i've bought and sold.....

But that just my .0002 worth.... :)

Mary

Mary, only trying to point out that compared to all the other world delivery systems, ours ranks among the very best. Ever try to get mail in Mexico, or on time? (Not to impinge on any of our fellow neighbors to the south), but you start to get my drift? Addmitted, we are human to a degree and sometimes, things do go amiss. But baggering our good country is not acceptable by anyone, especially anyone from another country. Too many horror stories about steal bay, agree. God bless America! And Merry Christimas to you. PM <><. Just my 2 peso's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got the jacket, looks good for the money.

I ordered a red one from a Taiwan vendor which showed up much faster.

So I leave the guy (formulex) a positive rating because the jacket did show up finally.

Now get this, !The SOB leaves me neutral feedback and says I have very poor Communication?

Too bad i can't post his rant in the feedback. What a POS.

He tries to blame our postal system, when it took him over 2 wks. just to put the thing in the mail.

Guess my rant is over now....

So I leave the guy (formulex) a positive rating because the jacket did show up finally. Now get this, !The SOB leaves me neutral feedback and says I have very poor Communication?

Too bad i can't post his rant in the feedback. What a POS.
I think you can dispute the feedback given... I would contact eBay and ask them about it.

I got a red one for my son for xmas which doesn't fit. Ill be posting it up for sale under classified section in a bit. If anyone has any interest send me a PM

Aside from the shipping issues... how do they fit? The are listed in European sizes, which are apparently one size bigger than American sizes.

L is snug in the summer, but thanksgiving and the winter holidays force me to XL the rest of the year.

What size do you wear, and what size did you order?

Aside from the shipping issues... how do they fit? The are listed in European sizes, which are apparently one size bigger than American sizes.
L is snug in the summer, but thanksgiving and the winter holidays force me to XL the rest of the year.

What size do you wear, and what size did you order?
I think you've got that reversed. European sizes are SMALLER than American sizes.