FJR backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
I was looking to get a backrest for my wife and was wonderng the diff in the Yam rest and the corbin and how they mounted.

In the pics the Yam rest post looks to be flat and wide and the Corbin is 5/8 square tube. Is this accurate? Do I have to purchase a new seat just to add a backrest, or will it mount under the seat? if so what brackets are needed?

Pic of the 06

fjbackseat.jpg

I know Gerauld makes a luggage rack that will hold the corbin, but until he gets his hand on an 06 he cannot know if the current style will fit.

I have also thought of a topcase with a rest, but I have heard several folks refer to the as adding a buffeting effect.

Not sure what you are getting at. Kool pic of the 06, BTW, but if you are shopping for accessories for the 06 FJR - STOP!!! It is completely different in regards to the seat and the entire rear subframe.

For 03-05 FJRs, the Corbin and Yamaha seats are one in the same. The Yamaha is just a re-badged Corbin seat. So passenger backrest mounting is the same. It's a pricey seat, especially with the backrest. Not very popular, though it has its fans.

For the 06 FJR it will have to be completely different. Is Yamaha showing an accessory seat for the 06 already? Is that what you are getting at?

For 06 FJR, I can just about guarantee that Garauld's current racks will not fit, as the entire rear has been changed. I wouldn't worry about that too much however, as I am sure he will make a new version post haste once they start arriving.