FJR/Bagster Differences?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
So I snarfed up TWN's Bagster tank cover and tank bag.

Then after consummating the deal realized that he had a Gen 1...

I don't think the tanks are all that different, but I won't know for sure until I try it.

Anyone who's had a Bagster care to speculate how well it will or won't fit on a Gen II?

-MD

So I snarfed up TWN's Bagster tank cover and tank bag.
Then after consummating the deal realized that he had a Gen 1...

I don't think the tanks are all that different, but I won't know for sure until I try it.

Anyone who's had a Bagster care to speculate how well it will or won't fit on a Gen II?

-MD
The main difference is Colour.

Or maybe that should be differénce

Last edited by a moderator:
The main difference is Colour.
Or maybe that should be differénce
That's what I'm hoping... Blue is blue is blue ;)
Correctamundo. And the blue doesn't really match either the '05 or '06 body, so you should be good to go!!

FWIW, my black Bagster tank cover did not neatly fit my '05 tank (for which it was ordered) when I first received it. After spending major coinage on this accoutrement, I was excessively dismayed, as you might imagine.

However, much to my delight, later, in the warmth of spring, when I rolled the lovely feejer out into the mother sun and let the vinyl warm up sufficiently, then cranked down on the cinch straps, the cover now hugs the tank as smoothly as an overly thick condom.

Ride safe!!

Well, I received it tonight and put it on.

It's in excellent shape, but it doesn't not properly fit an 06... It fits fine if I leave the silver trim piece off, otherwise it covers the tabs that it hooks into. About the only thing it needs really, is trimmed, about an inch off the bottom all the way around, otherwise the fit is excellent.

Soooo, with that being said, this baby is on the market.

tim_stuff25.jpg

I will even include the middle mounting strap. The one that was on there was 'cut', I'm assuming from TWN's get off last year.

It's in great shape, tank bag is in good condition, with rain cover.

PM me if interested, and no, it won't properly fit an 06, but if you're handy with leather/vinyl alterations you can make it work.

-MD

Well, I received it tonight and put it on.
It's in excellent shape, but it doesn't not properly fit an 06... It fits fine if I leave the silver trim piece off, otherwise it covers the tabs that it hooks into. About the only thing it needs really, is trimmed, about an inch off the bottom all the way around, otherwise the fit is excellent.

Soooo, with that being said, this baby is on the market.

tim_stuff25.jpg

I will even include the middle mounting strap. The one that was on there was 'cut', I'm assuming from TWN's get off last year.

It's in great shape, tank bag is in good condition, with rain cover.

PM me if interested, and no, it won't properly fit an 06, but if you're handy with leather/vinyl alterations you can make it work.

-MD

PM Sent

Latest posts