FJR Birthday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipa052863

Reaction score
My wife and daughter are giving me my new 2013 FJR as a 50th Birthday present.

They want to put a Happy birthday wish on the bike on small engraved plaque that can removed years down the road if God forbid we decide to trade it in.

Where would be a tasteful place to mount it so that it can just come off again and how would you mount it?

I'd want to see it when riding..

the joy of riding, made possible by loved ones!

Might even keep me riding safer, too.

Plaques are for other folks to see so I’d put it where they can see it below the license plate w/the double sticky tape. Unless you leave it parked a lot, it needs to be fairly large so they can read it because when U pass em all they usually can say is “What was that”! Later,,, De
smile.png

Congrats of a great 50th. Can I trade my family in for one like yours?
punk.gif

My 58th BDay present was one of these:

41A7YZHNHPL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a small rectangular plate that you can hot-glue to the top of one of the brake master cylinder resiviors on the handlebars?

2 cents, right upper cowl panel inner. That's just to the right of the fork ?

3m make a real nice tape for just such...

Send pic's and Happy 50th...........

What a nice gift! +1 for the brake or clutch master cylinders.

Bounce - the Gaggia was an excellent consolation prize!

Find a good pinstripe artist and have him (her) paint something right on the tank where the safety label you'll want to remove will be. I think that could look pretty cool. Shouldn't be too unreasonable. Then take at LEAST the same amount of money and take your wife out to dinner. Throw in a TWO dozen roses. And a massage.

How about a small rectangular plate that you can hot-glue to the top of one of the brake master cylinder resiviors on the handlebars?
That's a very good idea. I'm going to look into something like that. Then later if the bike gets sold (that would be a sad day.) I can at least replace the reservoir cap with a new one for next to nothing and keep it as a memento.

Plaques are for other folks to see so I’d put it where they can see it below the license plate w/the double sticky tape. Unless you leave it parked a lot, it needs to be fairly large so they can read it because when U pass em all they usually can say is “What was that”! Later,,, De
smile.png
^^^^^ what he said...

That is why I suggested hot glue. You can pry it off years from now and pick the glue off. No need to buy a new resivior cap. (Unless you want to keep it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats of a great 50th. Can I trade my family in for one like yours?
punk.gif

My 58th BDay present was one of these:

41A7YZHNHPL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
Man that looks pretty nice, I bet it can run a 1/4 mile in 11.2 as well.
It can't but after a quad latte, I feel like I could. Google Gaggia Titanium.

And that's enough threadjacking.

+1 on the custom pin stripe. It can be removed easily as well.

I got a trip to Naples FL for my 50th this past January. :)