FJR Brakeaway Cruise Control - tornado relief

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morrow

Reaction score
I was on a ride recently and Joplin was a planned stop on my route. I was a few days late in leaving due to weather here in B.C. and in Washington state. It was entirely possible that I could have been downtown having lunch when the tornado struck. Lucky me.

On my way back north, with lots of time to think, I had an idea. I have a brand new, in the box Brakeaway Products cruise control (really a throttle lock) for an FJR ( non AE model). Part number 6CB02. These normally sell for $190 - 200. If someone would like to make a donation to a non-religious organization designating the funds to assist the people in Joplin, I'll pay the freight to ship the Brakeaway to your door in the U.S. or Canada. You make the donation, and get a (hopefully) tax deduction receipt which will effectively lower the cost, and I'll feel warm & fuzzy about the whole deal. Just send me a photocopy of your receipt and we'll be square.

Brakeaway Products - FJR

Reply here or email me directly. [email protected]

David Morrow

Vancouver, BC

I'd jump all over this if I didn't already have a ThrottleMeister. Very Cool, and Good on ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
I especially like the non-religious caveat ;)
:huh:

I guess you just can't trust those church goers down there in the bible belt. <_<

Seemed like a nice gesture.....up until.....

It has nothing to do with trust, it has everything to do with values. I am not a religious person, and while I have respect for your values, I like a little in return. It is just my personal choice. If you are overly sensitive about the issue, it would best to just move on.

If you have doubts about my motivations or my views towards the religiously inclined, when the tsunami hit Indonesia in 2004, I sent $2500 to a local church group to give to a fishing village so they could have a local builder construct a new fishing boat. When it's my money, I'll do with it as I please. I think I've earned that right.

Stacie-M-Small.jpg

I don't doubt your motivations whatsoever. They are what they are. I'm far from an overly sensitive religious guy. In fact, that thought is almost funny if you knew me, but with that said, I'm not anti-religion either. I took the 12" school ruler across the britches from Sister Mary Catherine a few times in my younger day. :p Sorry, I was just taken aback when I got to that line in your post after thinking what a perfectly decent gesture you were just performing. It's still decent. I just don't get the caveat, that's all. Now I'm feeling like I have to ride in the back of the bus. Don't worry, I'll get over it! :lol:

OK, I'll move along now. We're sacrificing a chicken for dinner tonight and Cletus is getting ready to bust open the box of rattlesnakes for the revival later on! :yahoo:

Nice boat, by the way. I could see myself pulling on a nice Yellow Tail from that thing.

I think we're getting off topic here. The point of the thread was to help out a member who is willing to help out those in need.

I think David's gesture is great and I can think of plenty of charities that are not based in religion. If I did not already have a throttle lock, I'd be all over this.

Great job David...I hope someone takes you up on your offer.

I'll take you up on this, David. I am near Seattle too, so getting it over to me should be easy. PM and we can exchange details.

Good on you for this. I won a heated grips set at one of our raffles and donated proceeds to Childrens Hospital. It felt good, someone got a deal, and sick kids were better off.

I'll take you up on this, David. I am near Seattle too, so getting it over to me should be easy. PM and we can exchange details.

Good on you for this. I won a heated grips set at one of our raffles and donated proceeds to Childrens Hospital. It felt good, someone got a deal, and sick kids were better off.
On the back of the box, it says "Will not work with Heated Grips"