FJR camper are you?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass this along in case any of you are bike campers.

I found and purchased a 4 man tent from Cabelas.com and I'm quite impressed with it. Best of all, it fits into the side bag with room to spare for a floor saver tent footprint, or sleeping pad. The ad says that it packs down to under 10 lbs., and 9x20 for the 4 man model, but I was able to pack it down to 9 by 17 without any effort at all, and it fits nicely into the side bag. The two man is smaller yet.

Just thought I'd pass it along. The tent gets great reviews online at Cabela's website and I agree. Nice tent, good value.

Cabela's Deluxe XPG Tent

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&id=0024830

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from Acadamy sports, Paid like $30 for it. Small and works great. I did spray it with reain proof before use. Seems to work great in wet or dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same tent except the 4 season, 4 man version. Cabellas is very good with their tents and I have heard of them replacing ones with problems 2-3 years after purchase. My tent is a 4 man and fits in my rearseat bag. They are very durable and water resistant. Last year at sturgis (piedmont) at the campground a very severe storm with 3 fronts blew through and my tent was one of the very few things left standing. Even did better than some of the camper trailers! One complaint on the 4 season tent is its pretty hot in the summer. Most of my camping is in the fall and very late fall. I have been in the mountains, 80 degrees during the day, 18 degrees at night.

TBWRENCH