fjr exhaust music

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the BlueFlames on my 05 and like the sound - sounds just like the YouTube above. The stock was just too quiet for me -- so the BlueFlames are "just right" for me -- good sound, and good looks (which is as important as the sound!! :yahoo: ). Jay

Holeshots on my FJR. Sound quality might be better then the holeshot website as I had the cam a fair bit closer to the bike.

good point about audio clips. they might give a relative comparison, but you can't be sure unless you know how it was recorded. that's why i documented my process and followed the standards established by the Iron Butt Association (which, iirc, were based on state or fed guidelines for measuring exhaust dB). IOW: a sound clip recorded closer might give the appearance of louder, lower (or higher) tone, etc.

But at least they are something to compare.

On another note (heh), looking for a low rumble from an I-4 might be kinda futile. Like the difference between a V8 and I4 car, the lower exhaust notes tend to come from the twins.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as sound IMO the best sound is the high reving MV4 Agusta sound, like a Ferrari or Formula I. Got to love that sound... that high pitch gutteral scream....too bad we can't make our FJR's sound like that! PM. <>< :yahoo:

i agree on allmost everything except the partial on the part where a lower rumble comes from.

They seem to come from twins but they also seem to come from the v8s in autos.

I think it has more to do with the size of the bore per cyl.

And i definately agree with the for comparison purposes only.

The real volume and final decision should be made when your around one in person.

And then again there are the looks, some do really look better

Has anyone had any bad experiances with any of these brands?

As far as sound IMO the best sound is the high reving MV4 Agusta sound, like a Ferrari or Formula I. Got to love that sound... that high pitch gutteral scream....too bad we can't make our FJR's sound like that! PM. <>< :yahoo:
as for the high reving sound I have never really been in the right spot to hear a good Ferrari or other mark with sweet exhaust note.. but from what i have heard they allways sound best when they are being reved preaty high and that is something that i dont do near as often as i get on the gas hard at lower rpms.

From what i have heard of the high reving (tv only) v12s and v10s of itally they sound great but mostly while at the high reves and not down around the 3k to 4k mark where i do most of my riding... I really want something that does its best around the 2k to 5k rev range where i do most of my riding and am on the throtle harder. The sound that im mostly trying to get close to is more of a big bore sound but not necessarily anything that has alot to do with the piston count. Ive been making a little chart of the exhaust music rating (personal opinion) and of the looks (again personal opinion) with the price near by. I just hope the winner is affordable or someone decides i've been good enough to deserve another present..

2k - 3k on the FJR is pretty much lugging the motor. check out the red line and hang out around half that when ambling. ;)

Hey Vandy,

I just ordered the holeshot for my SV. it should be in monday. If you want to at least check out the quality of the Holeshots and midpipe construction. I will be installing next week. If I like em on the SV.... I'll probably shell out for the FJR to... Dale is Cool to deal with and I got a good deal on the SV. I'll give you a shout when I get It. If you wanna come by and check it out. What shift you on?

I found a feej in Daytona the other day, he had the 2 bros and they sounded sweet in person. Not shrill, but deep, muscular, and LOUD. so far I am leaning to 2 Bros, but i want to hear some holesots at the next Ga riders group meeting.

Since NAFO is coming up soon, this would be a great opportunity to see and hear alot of different bikes with different exhausts and configurations. Last year at Park City Remus was doing installs and I got to hear their different setups and alot of other brands up close. As mentioned this is by far the best way to decide on a set of cans. Of note, when I ride by some of my Harley buds they have commented I sound like a vacuum cleaner with the stock setup and think that is a pretty cool sound as well. LOL. PM. <>< :D

I really wanted to hear a few in rl.. but as things have turned out I wouldnt have been able to afford them yet anyway... so it looks like as long as I can make it to Nafa that is my best option anyway..

Thanks for all of the input.

I am making it to the SFO in Eurika Springs in April so i might get to here a couple there also

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running Staintune's from an Australian manufacturer. Real sweet note, well made and ultra light. Pipes have an exotic sports car sound around town and no droning and quite as stock on the hiway. Not cheap but worth it.