FJR for two up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont beat the guy up. You type as much as if you would have just anwser him.
I predicted this would happen when they got rid of the PDP.
But we already knew that because we searched for it...
I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that. :lol:

BTW, xdriver you already set your self up fine by going with FZ-1 first. The wife will love it. I broke my wife in on a 20 year old v65 with stock suspenders. The FJR looks like a Cadillac in comparison, she loves it. Well, except the wheelies, the peg scraping, the $ spent on farkles, and the time spent on the forum. Well you get the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 06 FZ1 (great bike) traded for my 08 FJR, it's like night & day between the 2 riding 2 up. I almost don't even notice the wife back there when riding in general however for really twisty roads and parking lots you can still notice the extra weight. IMO it's a great 2 up bike.

B)

Both topics have been covered extensively in numerous threads and you'll find them with the search function. Bottom line is that the bike has no problems 2-up and 30K is nothing when there are members with well over 100K.
Beat him up? I answered his question and let him know there was as much depth as he wanted to dig for.

What I didn't write was welcome to the forum, X.

Bob

The Fjr was one of my favorite bikes it was perfect for me but two up it was lacking for cross country trips for my wife.I sold my FJR yesterday and ordered a Yamaha Tour Deluxe. I will miss the zip and the twisties I will be watching for a good deal on a Houligan bike.

We have done a few 2-up trips in excess of 2,000 miles (and two 10-day trips over 3,000 miles) and the FJR suits us fine.

Granted, we're loaded to the gills and neither of us will be appearing on The Biggest Loser this season but to say the FJR is not suited for 2-up cross-country travel is not true for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I already replied but it seems to be lost in the ether...

I think those folks that think the FJR is not suitable for 2-up riding, the wife is probably more interested in a "Touring" bike rather than Sport Touring.

I know I'm just piling on but I'm bored. have had 2 wings a couple BMW's, 2FJs 1FZ etc, etc. wife says the best riding was 78 gl1000 wing. worst was 600 radian. she loves the FJR and has fallen asleep on the back. but it does have its limits, she thinks a more goldwing like seat will help. that will be my next purchase. i wish i could swing the Russel GB now. the sporting ability of this bike 2 up just amazes me. the 03 wing i could drag both sides until the tires unloaded and started to slide and while it always felt in control it was never the fun the FJR is. i will get another wing but i want a large DP bike first. trying to figure out a way to get a yamaha from europe.

Angus i hope you have ridden that bike a lot and like the position. i couldn't get used to it but then i have never been a fan of cruisers.