• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR highway footrest mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Old Wild Bill is still busy fabricating the mounting plates for all the FJR riders and we have a good supply of pegs. It has been cold here in Salmon, Idaho, but he still manages to get out into his shop and complete his work.

Once I receive an inquiry from an interested customer, I e-mail them an invoice which has a link to PayPal or you may pay with a personal check or Postal Money Order, or just save the invoice until you are ready to order. Once payment is received the order is normally shipped within 3 working days via Priority Mail.

DESCRIPTION AND PRICING: Aluminum mounting plates, glass bead blast with stainless steel screws, $54.00, pair of chrome plated flat, ribbed foot surface pegs with steel bolt and star washer, $26.00, shipping and handling, $6.85.

If you are interested in purchasing or have any questions please e-mail to: [email protected], be sure and include name of city and state you live in.

Terry and Old Wild Bill

FJRLEFTSIDEVIEWPEGSDOWN.jpg

FJRLEFTSIDEVIEWPEGSUP.jpg

FJRRIGHTSIDEVIEWPEGSDOWN.jpg

FJRRIGHTSIDEVIEWPEGSUP.jpg

PICofleftmountpegnotextFJR.jpg

PICOFRIGHTMOUNTEDpegnotextFJR.jpg

RIBBEDPEGSPLATESfjr500x346.jpg

Hi gang, if you want, have Bill and Terry send them to me and I will powdercoat them in either bright silver, medium gray engine silver or black (satin or gloss) - your choice and forward them to you for $12. Just send me a check. B)

Gary Crowley

(see my info for address)

Terry, I just put on your pegs Sunday. They fit perfect! You also gave very eazy instructions and marked the left+right sides with stick-ons(very smart again). I can't wait to try them out.

Vern

Thanks Terry - I just put them on last week and everything was perfect. Easy install, and great instructions. Haven't done a long trip yet, but in my brief experience with them, know that they will help with the legs!! :rolleyes: Great stuff. Jay

I a minterested in some riders opinons of them....Can you get to the pegs easily? it seems that the fairing would kind of prevent you from getting you full foot on the peg? I think the design is pretty slick just curious to see how some people have found them on longer rides. I have a 34' inseam and would like to have an alternative pegs in order to stretch my legs. Thanks in advance fore the insight!

My thought exactly!Will they fit the '06?
I have asked them (Terry) and the answer is yes I plan to order a set and send them to garauld for powder coating as soon as I can get off my lazy ass. they sent me an order link I can post if anyone is interested.

I a minterested in some riders opinons of them....Can you get to the pegs easily? it seems that the fairing would kind of prevent you from getting you full foot on the peg? I think the design is pretty slick just curious to see how some people have found them on longer rides. I have a 34' inseam and would like to have an alternative pegs in order to stretch my legs. Thanks in advance fore the insight!
You're right, it's a tight fit around the fairing. I have to bend my knee to get a full foot on the peg and my leg is tight against the fairing when I do. The much discussed heat problem makes itself known on hot days so I have to tilt my knees outboard and catch the pegs with the sides of my heels. I've often thought of trying to fit some kind of peg extender. Sounds worse than it actually is, any break from the standard riding position is a relief. I can ride all day alternating between the highway pegs, passenger pegs, and the rider pegs. The other advantage is that they've saved my fairing from damage in a driveway drop. Doh!

I'm very interested in getting a set for my 06. I just printed out the pictures and compared them to the bike - here are my observations:

Left side - no problem.

IMO - Right side - it looks like installation will require removal of the right side lower fairing in order to access the 3 bolts into the cases. The trailing edge of the fairing looks like it will be ALMOST touching the peg - but it should work.

Those of you putting them on an 06, let us know how it goes !

Mounted mine on my 06 last night.

Left side is a piece of cake, but I don't think you can access the filter without removing it....no big deal.

Right side does require the removal of the rt fairing and is a tight fit, but it works.

I've extended mine about 3 inches longer than they came from Bill, in order for my legs to clear the faring.

Ghost

Thanks to Bill, Terry, and Garauld, I now have a set of highway pegs on powder coated brackets mounted on the bikem (04). I'll have to take a long trip to see how they work in battle but the fit and general quality of the pieces is top notch! Thanks again.

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Mounted mine on my 06 last night. Left side is a piece of cake, but I don't think you can access the filter without removing it....no big deal.

Right side does require the removal of the rt fairing and is a tight fit, but it works.

I've extended mine about 3 inches longer than they came from Bill, in order for my legs to clear the faring.

Ghost
How'd you extend them? I'd like to do the same thing. Left side took me about 5 minutes. Right side too six weeks. Finally figured out how to remove the right side fairing...actually, you really just need to loosen all the bottom fasteners...remove 'em...and you can pull the plastic out far enough to get the bolts off and the new ones on...there's two allen bolts underneath the little extendy-wingy thingy. But it fits, after you figure out how to bend the radiator hose clamp the right way to move it.

The pegs are a little too short...my boot is about half on them in a comfortable position.

I wonder how I can add some rubber to them, for a little isolation?

Whine, whine, whine.

And the stickers were a little hard to get off.

And I hurt my pinky a little bit.

And they're GREAT.

+1 on MarkG's comments; what was used to extend the pegs? I'd like to know too!

I a minterested in some riders opinons of them....Can you get to the pegs easily? it seems that the fairing would kind of prevent you from getting you full foot on the peg? I think the design is pretty slick just curious to see how some people have found them on longer rides. I have a 34' inseam and would like to have an alternative pegs in order to stretch my legs.

I have a 34" inseam too and extended the pegs by 1 1/2". I went to Lowe's and bought a longer bolt. Also got a piece of aluminum with an ID the same as the OD of the bolt. This provides more support to the bolt on the outside of the bracket. Otherwise the bolt will flex and bend on you.