• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR highway footrest mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done searches using various combinations of 'extend Terry pegs' and have come up with nada. I'll try 'extend highway pegs' and a few other permutations, but if someone has found the posts about how to extend the pegs, please share.

I've also been at some Harley dealerships, but the 6 3/4" highway pegs they have do not mount the same way.

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I drilled out the peg mount of Terry's brackets to 1/2" and mounted Kuryakyn #7996 offset mounts. They are a 3" extention and can be rotated 360 degrees for that 'just right' spot. Then I put long folding pegs from a Harley on them. It works great!

I was thinking about using a small sportbike peg instead of the Harley stuff, but am having problems finding the square mount. I bought Terry's brackets a while ago, from another that was parting out. Any ideas?

Dave

Mounted mine on my 06 last night. Left side is a piece of cake, but I don't think you can access the filter without removing it....no big deal.

Right side does require the removal of the rt fairing and is a tight fit, but it works.

I've extended mine about 3 inches longer than they came from Bill, in order for my legs to clear the faring.

Ghost
Ghost and all,

You needn't take the bracket off to get the oil filter off if you use the oil filter wrench that's an adjustable rubber strap with a plastic handle. I don't have it with me but got it at an auto parts store. It works really well. :)

Yep. Several oil filter changes here while leaving the highway peg brackets on. As Doc said, I use a strap wrench to remove the filter, and hand tighten when installing.

Been running the pegs for a long time now and never once gave oil filter swap problems a second thought. I use one of those nylon strap wrenches and it slips right in there. Packs up small into a tool roll for extended trips, too. Pack an extra filter and pick up a gallon of Mobile 1 from some remote Wal-Mart. Finding a so-it-yourself car wash is a snap and draining the oil from that point is simply a matter of waiting for when the car wash is slow and vacant.

This be the part to extend
7996-metric.jpg

and This be how they look, btw your foot can fit on and won't slip off. they will drag if you lean to far!

Pic1121.jpg

When that happens I just ease off a bit and it fine, besides having them adjusted to move the correct direction if they happen to touch.

I'm taking my highway pegs off my 05 that I've sold and will be installing them on an 06 when I get it. Does anyone have the torque values for these allen bolts? I don't have my shop manual up here with me. Thanks!

Old Wild Bill is still busy fabricating the mounting plates for all the FJR riders and we have a good supply of pegs. It has been cold here in Salmon, Idaho, but he still manages to get out into his shop and complete his work. Once I receive an inquiry from an interested customer, I e-mail them an invoice which has a link to PayPal or you may pay with a personal check or Postal Money Order, or just save the invoice until you are ready to order. Once payment is received the order is normally shipped within 3 working days via Priority Mail.

DESCRIPTION AND PRICING: Aluminum mounting plates, glass bead blast with stainless steel screws, $54.00, pair of chrome plated flat, ribbed foot surface pegs with steel bolt and star washer, $26.00, shipping and handling, $6.85.

If you are interested in purchasing or have any questions please e-mail to: [email protected], be sure and include name of city and state you live in.

Terry and Old Wild Bill

FJRLEFTSIDEVIEWPEGSDOWN.jpg

FJRLEFTSIDEVIEWPEGSUP.jpg

FJRRIGHTSIDEVIEWPEGSDOWN.jpg

FJRRIGHTSIDEVIEWPEGSUP.jpg

PICofleftmountpegnotextFJR.jpg

PICOFRIGHTMOUNTEDpegnotextFJR.jpg

RIBBEDPEGSPLATESfjr500x346.jpg
Do you still have some for sale ?

Yep. Several oil filter changes here while leaving the highway peg brackets on. As Doc said, I use a strap wrench to remove the filter, and hand tighten when installing.
Hmmm? I see these pics of the LHS bracket in front of the filter ... after using the strap wrench, did you have to wiggle the filter out at an angle?

I've got them on and no problem whatsoever with the filter. Plenty of room.

Just put them on Saturday, before a nice spirited 400 mile ride on Sunday throught the Catskill Mountains in upstate NY.

Wild Bill, My hat is off to you!! :yahoo: IMHO, this bracket setup IS THE farkle of the year. My knee would've been killing me after around 150 miles or so. Absolutely no knee pain after being able to stretch my left leg out.

I only have one small problem....I'm afraid my beloved FJR is going to think it's a Harley now. :lol:

Thank you very VERY much for coming up with this peg setup. My knees thank you too. (they told me to tell you)

Randy

I just installed the highway peg brackets from my 05 on my 06. What I discovered is that the bolts on the right side mounting plate were too long for the 06. They had to be the same length as on the left side. Interesting....

I just installed the highway peg brackets from my 05 on my 06. What I discovered is that the bolts on the right side mounting plate were too long for the 06. They had to be the same length as on the left side. Interesting....
Strange... the longer bolts fit my '06 fine, just like the '04.

Well the longer bolts on the right side sure felt like they'd "bottomed out" well before they were snug. And since I'd stripped 2 on the stator cover on my 05 replacing the OEM screws when I took the highway pegs off before I sold it, I was being careful not to repeat that mistake.

Well the longer bolts on the right side sure felt like they'd "bottomed out" well before they were snug. And since I'd stripped 2 on the stator cover on my 05 replacing the OEM screws when I took the highway pegs off before I sold it, I was being careful not to repeat that mistake.
Hmmm... I recall it cranked up finger tight with a little thread showing, but they didn't seem to need much torque on the wrench to seat them. You could be right. It doesn't seem to be a problem as (so far... knock on wood... throw salt over the shoulder... etc.) nothing seems to be amiss.

B)