• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR Hyperpro progressive fork springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckuhns

Reaction score
Carl,

Is there a spring rate on these specifically? Ray told me that I need to get 1.1 when I replace the springs on the forks on mine. Or is it because they are progressive they do not have a specific spring rate?

And if this is a dumb question, please pardon my ignorance.

Carl,
Is there a spring rate on these specifically? Ray told me that I need to get 1.1 when I replace the springs on the forks on mine. Or is it because they are progressive they do not have a specific spring rate?

And if this is a dumb question, please pardon my ignorance.
I do not have that information .Could another forun member respond if they know that information? Carl

hyperpro calls the rate of the springs a "rising rate" spring rate. Basically they are progressive. JohnnyB on the forum used them along with the oil that came with the kit. He reported that the springs ride VERY smooth. He also added a 13 or 14 OEM rear shock at the same time. He said the bike rides and corners much better than stock.

Mike, I inquired of Hyperpro and they did not specifically provide any spring rates. There are only two choices regular or heavy duty. He told me for a 210 lb. rider (no gear), the regular was the one...... SP-YA13-SSA012

For GenIII there are also the same two choices, but the kit numbers are different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I inquired of Hyperpro and they did not specifically provide any spring rates. There are only two choices regular or heavy duty. He told me for a 210 lb. rider (no gear), the regular was the one...... SP-YA13-SSA012
For GenIII there are also the same two choices, but the kit numbers are different.

Ray,

Again you are the man. That part number would be the one for me then!