FJR is a workhorse (Photo's inside)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been commuting full time on the FJR. This bike is a workhorse. Not only is it required to carry my big butt around but all my work gear for the Fire Station also. I don't ride the bike to aggressive with all the gear but the bike does just fine with it. You can definately feel the front end being light on corners so I have to take them slow. Here are a few photo's of how my bike looks all packed up to go work an overtime at another Fire Station.

IMG_2133.jpg

Tank bag is perfect for Ipod, Cell, Ball cap, Camera, Toiletries, etc.

IMG_2134.jpg

Love my Bill Mayer saddle (BMS) for my short 50 mile commute..

IMG_2135.jpg

Anyone else have a photo they wanna share of there FJR loaded up going somewhere? Work, Vacation etc? Please share....

This bike truely is a great machine.

This was from my trip to Florida this spring. A stop at Barbers was a must.

DSCF2648.jpg

Well, since we're sharing....FJR "SuperDuty" version worked very well this past summer - got about 2400 miles pulling the trailer to trackdays (8 total in 5 separate trips). Looking forward to next season!

trailer_load1.jpg

Well, since we're sharing....FJR "SuperDuty" version worked very well this past summer - got about 2400 miles pulling the trailer to trackdays (8 total in 5 separate trips). Looking forward to next season!
trailer_load1.jpg

NOW THAT'S AWESOME!! :clapping: :clapping:

I'm been toying with idea of buying a track bike, which the track I plan to frequent the most is 200 miles away. This setup would save me a ton in gas!!

What kind of MPG did you get? What trailer hitch did you use? Did you have to modify the FJR's suspension? What's it like to pull that much weight on a motorcycle?

Thanks in advance!!

I knew a guy that use to run a MC repair shop down in Oceanside. He did free pickup and delivery using a motorcycle and trailer. Said it worked very well B)

Back on topic, comming home from Calgary in '07

DSC_2111.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the amount of gear I was hauling on my FJR. After seeing all these others I am a lightweight. There are some great photo's. Keep them coming.

Looks like a case of "mine's bigger than yours"! I'm embarrassed as to my load is a small cortech tail bag mounted on Gary's rack and the mini cortech tank bag. Great pictures though, I'll be competing soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1099-1.jpg

I know my load is "small" but I just got my bike about a month ago. I'll check in with a new pic several weeks from now and hopefully it will have increased!

Last edited by a moderator: