FJR is gone, here's my new bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Well my FJR sold a few days back and I was going to buy a new GSXR 1000. I found this one used and had to have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there are a few..

Smoked windscreen

Micron exhaust

CHROME(will get you home) wheels

Frame sliders(hope don't have to use them).

Undertail with LED brake and turn lights.

PC 3 powercommander

K+N airfilter

I will in the next few day install a stem stand for my V-1 radar detector.

And hide a heat troller for my heated clothing...

I would just like to say the guys on this board are the best. I have been on a few sport bike forums. And most are just a bunch of smart ass peckerheads. With very little knowledge of what make bikes tic. Just because I bought a sportbike doesn't mean I won't be keeping a eye on you guys...

Hey Smitty

Thanks !

Now I don't feel so bad about buying a new FZ1.

fz1_red_4sized.jpg

:rolleyes:

RogerB in Tennessee

New to the forum and the whole FJR phenom and you appear to be the first fellow to go from a Feeger to a different ride? Any comments on the FJR? I am still on the fence between the FJR and a Beemer...so don't hold back.

New to the forum and the whole FJR phenom and you appear to be the first fellow to go from a Feeger to a different ride? Any comments on the FJR? I am still on the fence between the FJR and a Beemer...so don't hold back.
So many bikes, so little time; get what you really want, don't listen to us.

Where the **** are you guys getting all this scratch to buy nice bikes?? I really need to start hanging out with ya'll...

Nice ride!

I love the FJR, but not in a sexual way... It is the very best in sport tourer. I just wanted to go a little faster, push a little harder. I was only getting around 2500 miles out of rear tires on the FJR, so I guess I was on the sport side of sport touring. Thats why I bought the Gixxer 1000. As the BMW(Build Motorcycles Weird), look at the dealer network. Here in Missouri theres only 2 in the state. My brother is one of those BMW guys,(1150RT) and has to carry oil when we go on weekend trips!!! What is that all about. He says its normal... okay. I have rode his BMW and it is okay, I have also rode a Honda ST1300 and it was okay. But the FJR is simply GREAT!!! Hope this tells you how I feel... Good luck, Smitty

Congrats Smitty! I have both the FJR and an '01' GSXR1000. My fav is the gxxr, but the wife prefers the FJR for 2-up.

LD is very possible on the gxxr, I've done it myself often. You are very tucked in, not riding on top of, the bike. Even on 1000 mile days on a stock seat, it's not that bad....

Have fun!!

My brother is one of those BMW guys,(1150RT) and has to carry oil when we go on weekend trips!!! What is that all about. He says its normal... okay.
But don't you have to carry chain lube? What's that all about....nice ride though.

Here's my other ride....no long weekends...just day trips and the chain lube stays at home. :D
Z1000.jpg

My brother is one of those BMW guys,(1150RT) and has to carry oil when we go on weekend trips!!! What is that all about. He says its normal... okay.
But don't you have to carry chain lube? What's that all about....nice ride though.

Here's my other ride....no long weekends...just day trips and the chain lube stays at home. :D
Z1000.jpg
I thought I was something I was missing...chain lube. But my "BMW brother put oil in his oilhead"....That not right.... :haha:

Smitty,

I'm going the other direction. I just sold my R1. I found myself always riding the FJR.

I might sell my pit-bull stands, they a must for sport bikes! I also have the forklift converter.

IMG_0866.jpg

Pit-Bull Stands