FJR is gone, here's my new bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Smitty,

Do you mind if I ask how tall are you? I have often thought about the gixxer but many said that they were for smaller guys. I am 6' with a 32 inseam.

Also did you ever change the stock seat on the fjr, did you put riser on it or feel it was hard on your wrists?

Is the gixxer easy on the wrist and butt in comparison or did you not have any problems with either?

Hey Smitty,Do you mind if I ask how tall are you? I have often thought about the gixxer but many said that they were for smaller guys. I am 6' with a 32 inseam.

Also did you ever change the stock seat on the fjr, did you put riser on it or feel it was hard on your wrists?

Is the gixxer easy on the wrist and butt in comparison or did you not have any problems with either?
Sparky, I'm a tall 6'-2". I did have heli bar rizers and a Russell seat on the FJR. I really haven't got to ride my new sportbike. I did buy a set of vortex rearsets. It will move the pegs back about a inch. As soon as I get to ride it I will let you know. I am on the mend from rotator cuff surgery. It is really making me nuts to go the shop and just look at it and not ride it. I know one thing, it's going to be fun.. :D Smitty

Did you long much long distance on the fjr or were you more like me, to and from work and the occasional trip to a friends house maybe 50 miles at a time?

Just wondering because I am considering a pure sport bike as my next but am nervous that it won't be comfortable.

Thanks

Some weekend trips to Northern Arkansas, nothing really long distance. I had a few 500-600 mile days.. Mostly just sat/sun. rides of a few hundred miles at a time. I think I can do the same on the gsxr, I am sure it won't be as comfy. I did order a rear bag from luggage locker . I should be able to pack a weekends worth of cloths, and it straps under the rear seat. Should not have to worry about it falling off. I have been a racer most of my life, and always was on the sport side of my FJR. I went though 8 rear tires, and 5 fronts last year if I remember correctly. Never much more than 2500 miles out of a rear. Thats one of the reasons I switched, I wish I could have both. ;) Smitty

Last edited by a moderator: