FJR Mufflers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
I know the 06's aren't out yet and no mention of mufflers are mentioned but has anyone done any altering to the stock mufflers for a slight mellow sound? I know there are mufflers on other bikes that have baffles that are wrapped in fiberglass that can be removed and altered but just not familiar with the FJR type mufflers. Any ideas aside from getting aftermarket muffler's? Thanks, PM. <>< :detect:

Those look like some nice cans and great research. The decibels were moderatly increased and I'm sure the flow upped the horsepower. My only concern is after laying out the bucks for the 06 the purchase of new exhausts would ruin my pocketbook whats left of it. I was just wondering about the modification of the stock cans if possible to try and achieve similar results as you described in your tests. Quiet might be nice though after listening to the old HD for all those years. Thanks for the info. Painman. <>< :D

There is a modification kit available from the Euro website. I've seen one ane talked with the owner. For the small gain in db's, he says its not worth the money and time (drilling the center baffle and replacing the end cap). The mod is for the Euros who cannot repace their stock mufflers with aftermarket slip-ons, so they gain a litle sound but retain the stock appearance.

If you want the sound, spend the money. The horsepower gain is minimal (approx. 2%), so now we are talking about the sound of your motorcycle.

D&D's, Holeshots, Staintunes, Leo Vince's. Do some shopping and research. IIRC, sportbikeeffects sells both Staintunes and Leo Vinces at a discount for board members. The best thing you could do is get together with owners in your area and listen to a few with aftermarket cans. Check the "Rides" forums and see what is happening in your area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently got a pair of Leo Vinci's, from bikeeffects.com. At first I was a little disappointed as I thought they were going to be polished AL. The finish is a brushed or satin type. However, when I got them on the bike I really liked them. They look different than any others I have seen.

They mounted up nicely, and were easy to install. No additional parts were needed. They came with baffles in them. Those were removed post haste. I figured what was the point of having an aftermarket exhaust with baffles in there. They sound nice, but aren't terribly loud. I would recommend them, and Jeff from bikeeffects.com.

Oh, and another plug for Jeff. These were a Christmas present. Unfortunately they were out of stock. I got them about a week ago, not Jeff's fault!! However, my wife paid for the fast shipping. Jeff made sure to include a refund check for the amount of the shipping since it took so long.

Rick

Thanks for the replies. Considering the way regulations are going in the US for altering our bikes, it might be wise to go ahead and purchase the aftermarket mufflers so I would be grandfathered. There's talk of the only items we might be able to alter is paint and chrome farkle add-ons. I think I will wait and check out some other's bikes when we meet up first. I probably need to do that anyway as the 06's might be different mounts. Just wait for the R&D. Blessings, PM. <>< :D