fjr signals and heat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0091resize.jpg
the only thing I used off the 03 was the frame all else is 06
That's actually interesting. There was speculation at least bosses and attachment points might be different, but if the frame is the same that's a nice little nugget of applied information.

As for seats.....Bill Mayer, Russell, and Rick Mayer are my ordered three I'd consider. Been talked about many, many times here and easily Googleable.

Meanwhile, remember to push to cancel and don't ride with shorts and flip flops. ;)

IMG_0091resize.jpg
the only thing I used off the 03 was the frame all else is 06
That's actually interesting. There was speculation at least bosses and attachment points might be different, but if the frame is the same that's a nice little nugget of applied information.

As for seats.....Bill Mayer, Russell, and Rick Mayer are my ordered three I'd consider. Been talked about many, many times here and easily Googleable.

Meanwhile, remember to push to cancel and don't ride with shorts and flip flops. ;)
Thanks

You busted me you must have seen me riding around in my shorts and crocks. guess I will have to change my ways!!

Sorry no sympathy from us Gen one owners. Then again I have had v-twins, flat sixes, in-line threes and screaming fours...all get hot, all are water cooled. As for the turn signals after about a month or so it becomes natural just to turn them off. Of course the first 29 days you look like a idiot riding around with right signal on as you turn left.

Is it Friday? :rolleyes:
i don't know if it was but it is now.

heat isn't an issue if you wear riding gear.

as for self-cancelling indicators: do you rely on the safety that's built into your firearms or do you also use the safety between your ears? same thing here. oh, and s-c indicators MAY be an HD thing but it's mostly an OldWing thing.

From personal experience, i'd rather have manually canceled signals than have to restart them 3 or 4 times because they keep self-cancelling like on my last 3 bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it never entered your mind that an awareness of the operation of your vehicle is your responsibility as the operator, and if the gauge sweep was part of your 5-second cycle of things you look at (road ahead, distant road ahead, escape routes, mirrors, gauges, road ahead, distant road ahead, etc.) You'd not ride across Kansas with a blinker going. Mashing the center of the button is not that hard a thing to do. It just isn't.
As for the heat, I have an '03, with none of the new-fangled adjustable vents the newer bikes have, and I have no heat issue if I'm properly geared up. If I'm riding in jeans instead of riding pants, or if I have shorts under mesh pants, then my left leg cooks.
I just bought a used 03 not to long ago and ride in NW Florida where the temps are mid 80's to low 90's already. I did do the corbet heat mods and so far not a issue with heat at all, I am sure once the temps get to mid 90's it will be noticeable but even on the Gold Wing I fry at that temp. The trade off is the fun factor of the FJR, even after owning several bikes over the last 20 plus years I thing the bank for the buck goes to the FJR.

OK. Now it's Friday we're locked and loaded.

I suggest selling the offending FeeJ for say $1,500. Give me your Paypal account and I'll get it right to you and dispose of those pesky little problems. :p

I suggest selling the offending FeeJ for say $1,500. Give me your Paypal account and I'll get it right to you and dispose of those pesky little problems. :p
beleive it or not thats about $600 more than I have into this ride after buying two wrecks and selling off extra parts . So maybe I will ponder your offer a while (probibaly not !) thanks anyway

I'm in agreement with dangerranger, in that I moved over to the FJR last year (May), after having ridden my Yamaha XJ750 Seca for the last 28 years, and it had self-canceling signals, and I still find myself traveling happily along sometimes, with the signals going. I guess it was just killing Yamaha to lose that extra. . . what. . . $5(?) to include one on this very expensive machine! So, lately, my mantra has been "Corner. . .PUSH. . . Corner. . .PUSH!", and I'm getting better about it. Good luck, dr, and don't worry about the "guff" from some of the guys; they were helpful enough for me to decide on this wonderful bike!

beleive it or not thats about $600 more than I have into this ride after buying two wrecks and selling off extra parts . So maybe I will ponder your offer a while (probibaly not !) thanks anyway
Just out of curiosity, did you mistakenly sell the undertank heat shield that was installed on the 06? That could cause excessive heat. :blink:

Just out of curiosity, did you mistakenly sell the undertank heat shield that was installed on the 06? That could cause excessive heat. :blink:
Nope Used it . everything is 06 I used the 06 schematic to put the bike back together.

Thanks

Latest posts