FJR specs?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matalex60

Reaction score
Can anyone supply the FJR racing specs i.e. 0-60 time, 0-100 time? I was looking to compare the bike to other ST's and some Sport bikes.

The best I've gotten on my '08 FJR (without side cases)...

0-60mph: 2.9s (actual)

0-100mph: 6.3s (actual)

1/4 mile: 10.824s @ 126.77mph (actual)

1/4 mile: 10.597s @ 130.46mph (corrected, for fair comparison to MCN numbers)

Much better than the MCN results for a '07 FJR :p (don't know if they had side cases on or off):

0-60mph: 3.2s (corrected)

0-100mph: 7.72s (corrected)

1/4 mile: 11.12s @ 119.60mph (corrected)

...nevermind the fact that I have after-market slip-ons, modified air box and a custom fuel map :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great PDF on the comparison, I saved that one. Those are very solid numbers Pickles. You've obviously got your bike dialed in.

Exactly what I was looking for....nice to know who's lunch my bike will eat.
Yebbuttttt......remember the old adage: "A good rider on a poor machine will outperform a bad rider on a good machine".

Numbers are meaningless in the "real world" in which we each live. More important is that any motorcycle "fit" you, including your self image, your riding style, your travelling mode, etc., etc.

For instance, I doubt that UselessPickles bike will react the same with my er...uhm...rather large body-type aboard. And my particular riding abilities, vis a vis' physical & mental abilities, might not be up to the same level as his. Nor are my abilities likely to be on par with someone like HaulinAshe's when it comes to pushing lean angles in corners.

Of course, I benefit from their modifications and willingness to share information as to how I can make my FJR more responsive for my riding mode. But I also realize that my talent level is nowhere near theirs. BUT, the FJR "fits" my needs for emotional gratification, transportation for commuting and traveling, and ownership "grin factor"! Plus, it has allowed me entry into this fraternity of owners.

You meet the nicest people on an FJR! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
The best I've gotten on my '08 FJR (without side cases)...

0-60mph: 2.9s (actual)

0-100mph: 6.3s (actual)

1/4 mile: 10.824s @ 126.77mph (actual)

1/4 mile: 10.597s @ 130.46mph (corrected, for fair comparison to MCN numbers)

Much better than the MCN results for a '07 FJR :p (don't know if they had side cases on or off):

0-60mph: 3.2s (corrected)

0-100mph: 7.72s (corrected)

1/4 mile: 11.12s @ 119.60mph (corrected)

...nevermind the fact that I have after-market slip-ons, modified air box and a custom fuel map :)
Those are really good numbers. Is your bike stock?