FJR Sport - TOUR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randayn

Reaction score
I try to have 1 bike become convertible. Like 2 in one. Well the FJR is a transformer. I have all of the TOUR factors, ready for FL. to CA. Now for every day round town and short clicks, I have a great Sport bike. Remove the bags, Chopped shield, Lowered seat by removing rubbers, and it is 1 cool low rider. What a diff it makes looking thru / over the bike. Low seat puts me close to the street. The bike feels 100# lighter. It is amazing what a diff the shield makes re. perspective. I have had a lot of Sport bikes they all would burn or jump. I did not buy this bike for such things, but it is cool that the FJR can be all that. With the shield cut to the bone it will fit in my bag so I can take it with me to NC. I can tour in comfort and when I get to the cabin , strip and git. Try it, you will have 2 diff bikes. My test was to remove the shield and go for a ride, if you have never done this try it. FFH recommended.

camaro-real-transformer.jpg

Wait, what just happened? My head hurts. Talking about removing rubbers, stripping, and bones and all that, is it Friday already?

Yeah, I tried removing the shield, once. I took the FJR on a cross country trip to get her broke in this summer. By the time I got to Michigan, the stock shield was killing me. All that buffeting was giving me neck cramps. So I put out the call to the forum... anybody out there loan me a touring shield to get me home? Charlie in Grand Rapids stepped up, invited me to come by the house. Sooo I took off the stock shield, left it with my cousin in Detroit (who will return it to me next month when she comes to visit), and drove 140 miles west to Grand Rapids. What a trip. 80 mph and no windshield. Yuch. Felt like I got beat up. Forgot how much them bugs hurt!!!!!! So I got to meet Charlie and he helped me bolt on a Rifle shield. Sooo much better. Actually enjoyed the trip home, especially during the rain thanks to that windshield. Once I got home, I mailed it back to him. Once again, I'm so glad I discovered this forum.

Gary

darksider #44

You know if you remove the seat entirely, lay a towel there instead, you be even lower...will feel like you got apehangers.

Have you tried removing the whole fairing too? It be wild man.......

:)