FJR Tank Bra

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fialdj

Reaction score
There were many who asked where I found my Tank Bra for the FJR. I found it by searching the www.tuckerrocky.com catalog. Found it on page# 361, called a Second Look Tank Skin. mine is a black on Black, that is a close match for the Yamaha/Corbin carbon fiber look. It fit pretty good and does a great job keeping the wear spots from my knee off the tank. I'm having a hard time with posting the cutout of the page. They run $90 for plain and $150 for FJR1300 imprinted. If I can figure out picture posting, I post the page and a picture of my FJR.

Dave

P.S. to DSrider. my brain was not workingwhen we were talking about the company name, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
That catalog won't lend itself very well to copying images to this forum.

I can offer this linky to help get there a bit more quickly though.

how much does it help insulate you from the tank heat?

dh

how much does it help insulate you from the tank heat?
dh
That was the exact question I had when I read this thread, 'cause (surprise!) when I hug my '05's gas tank with my knees on a warm day, they get hot. So I was wondering about solid-rubber pads on either side. With that in mind over dinner one night in Berkeley I asked my son the third-year physics major if rubber conducts head or would act as a good insulator. He grinned and said EVERYTHING conducts heat. And I realized, Yeah, it would just delay the transfer of the heat, not eliminate it.

JB

I've got double insulation under the tank, so I don't notice any heat. I also put some of the foil bubble wrap behind the little black plastic parts just under the tank at the knee. It's nice being able to grip the tank with my knees again.

Dave

I've got double insulation under the tank, so I don't notice any heat. I also put some of the foil bubble wrap behind the little black plastic parts just under the tank at the knee. It's nice being able to grip the tank with my knees again.
Dave
Dude, you could not stuff anymore insulation under my tank if you tried, and I have tried. I did two rounds of removing the tank and insulating under it. And I still get heat. I think the heat is coming off the frame, which is right under the knees. That metal stays hot to the touch for hours after I turn off the engine (but of course everyone on the form knows that).

I in fact have wondered if my insulation has triggered more 4th bar coming up and fan cooling kicking in (this MUST have been addressed elsewhere in this forum).

JB

FJR1300_CF_2004.jpg

Is the tank layout on an '06 different, so that his wouldn't work? Since they have it labeled as 03-05, I assume this is the case.