FJR trike sighted

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindofblue

Reaction score
Riding my road bike down a long hill on Tramway this afternoon I was concentrating on keeping the shiny side up in the wind. At one point I looked up and lo and behold, a trike is coming up the hill that is blue and has the Yamaha headlights. I wasn't able to get a good look at it to see what year it was (05-06) but the nose and front fairing sure looked like a FJR.

There is a trike conversion shop here in Abq NM that's closed now but I'll call tomorrow and see if it's their work.

:bad: :sick: :sicksmiley: :sicksmiley02: :puke:

I know there are (physical) reasons someone would need to ride a trike instead of a bike but you might as well get a wingger trike if you need to go that route.

Aren't there laws against perverting....I mean converting an FJR to a :shok: :sick: :sicksmiley: :sicksmiley02: trike!!!!!!

To each his own said the old lady as she kissed the cow. It's not my cup of tea but I'm not going to judge others if it's theirs.

I called the trike conversion place here in Abq NM yesterday to see if they'd done it and they disavowed any knowledge of it. This is the International Baloon Fiesta week here in Abq (largest in the world) and it may've been someone from out of town.

I know there are (physical) reasons someone would need to ride a trike instead of a bike but you might as well get a wingger trike if you need to go that route.
OOohhhhhh, I dunno. If I could have purchased my totalled '04 back at a more reasonable price (Not the $7500 they thought it was worth) I was considering the sidecar conversion with the leading link suspension. Still fun and somewhat unique.

Were I ever to be in a physical state (I'm thinking back or leg problems) that I needed a trike, why not the FJR? Since I already own one and the farkles would stay with the unit, why not? I s'pose there are those FJR purists who would snub the combination, so what.

Most of my fellow Wing riders are on two wheels (like me), but it seems like the FJR AE might be a blessing for trike types who not only want the "safer" no-leaning aspect but also the less physically-demanding clutch-lever-free aspect of the AE.

I wonder how long it'll be before Honda introduces a clutch-lever-free Gold Wing?

OOohhhhhh, I dunno. If I could have purchased my totalled '04 back at a more reasonable price (Not the $7500 they thought it was worth) I was considering the sidecar conversion with the leading link suspension. Still fun and somewhat unique.

Were I ever to be in a physical state (I'm thinking back or leg problems) that I needed a trike, why not the FJR? Since I already own one and the farkles would stay with the unit, why not? I s'pose there are those FJR purists who would snub the combination, so what.

IMO Trikes & SideHacks are two different beasts, All the Trikes I've seen have been big boats (GWs, Ultras, Boss Hosses and home made V8 VW powered) I've seen some sporty SideHacks (not to mention the ones they race). I wouldn't mind having one of those Ural ones to run to the store in.

What's not to like?

fjr1300merlin2.jpg