fjr vs concours 14 vs BMW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my personal review:

the new Connie is simply too tall for me. And that remote key fob security system makes me wary. My "research" shows the Connie ain't for shorter people.

The Beemer is more expensive, and the dealers here were "too busy" to talk to a guy who showed up on an older Ninja 600, and appeared more interested in selling euro scooters to metrosexual college kids. After waiting ten minutes to talk to someone about a big K1200 or perhaps even a GS, I left. My "research" says beemer dealers are a-holes.

Promptly went over to SJ Yamaha and asked about the FJR. A few minutes later, dropped my down payment on the bike and signed the paperwork. My "research' shows the FJR is the superior machine as it fits a shorter inseam rider, doesn't require an a-hole dealer network, and costs less. :)

my personal review:
the new Connie is simply too tall for me. And that remote key fob security system makes me wary. My "research" shows the Connie ain't for shorter people.

The Beemer is more expensive, and the dealers here were "too busy" to talk to a guy who showed up on an older Ninja 600, and appeared more interested in selling euro scooters to metrosexual college kids. After waiting ten minutes to talk to someone about a big K1200 or perhaps even a GS, I left. My "research" says beemer dealers are a-holes.

Promptly went over to SJ Yamaha and asked about the FJR. A few minutes later, dropped my down payment on the bike and signed the paperwork. My "research' shows the FJR is the superior machine as it fits a shorter inseam rider, doesn't require an a-hole dealer network, and costs less. :)

I was laughing when I read your post. You and I had the EXACT thing happen. I walked out of the BMW dealership thinking these guys are too good to take my money? I came in to buy a BMW RT and after they ignored me for an hour I went to a Yamaha dealship and rode out with a new bike. Yamaha wanted my business and allowed me to ride the bike both solo and 2-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was laughing when I read your post. You and I had the EXACT thing happen.
Same here - I've had it happen in two countries, 3 different areas and 4 different dealers. Apparently, BMW dealers don't take you seriously when you roll up on a Tour Deluxe cruiser...

Oh well - their loss. BMW will never get any money out of me and I'm an ecstatically happy FJR rider!

:rolleyes: all said and done I'll stick with my 05 fjr although the kawi has some advantages it's not worth the price to upgrade Farnham's Joy Ride is here to stay!

"Engine runs out of steam up top"

????????????????????????????

I'd love to have the roads, friends in high law enfocement places, riding skills, that allowed me to push this thing 'til it ran out of steam.

I went to the Greenville SC show this weekend. After the show I went over to the dealership there. They were very nice, spent time with me and actually encouraged me to take their K1300S out for a demo ride. They actually seemed disappointed when I declined. I drove up in an old American made pick up truck and had on Carhartts and boots.

I have a 2008 ZX-14 so I am less interested in the K1300S, however, I probably would have taken a K1300GT out for a spin of they would have had a demo available. I sat on the K1300GT that they had at the show and on the one at their dealership. I also sat on the Councours 14 at the show as well. My significant other was with me to sit on the back of each one. It is not everyday you can bounce back and forth between a dozen brands under the same roof within feet of each other.

Anyway. The BMW shops I have dealt with in Greenville, Charlotte and Greensboro have all three been nice to deal with and very friendly. All three have encouraged rides on all of their bikes and if I wanted to ride 3, 4 or more in the same day for extended rides - no problem.

Perhaps its a North Carolina/South Carolina thing.... :D

Still love my 2007 FJR but like most others around here, I do enjoy window shopping - and - there is always room for another bike in the garage... :)