FJR wheel research

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Just to be clear, these are not chromed, just polished. NOT a big fan of chrome on wheels.

I am not a fan of black wheels, but I would not have thought about trying to take the black off until I saw those. I especially like that you left the black in the center. Very nice.

Did you spray a clear coat over the polished alloy? If not they will eventually corrode and match the 2015 FJR color.
wink.png
No clear coat, not a big fan of them. When I change the tires I just give them a quick buff with the Blue Magic and voila, good as new.

Hmmm pcarnut, that looks great... I might just have to do that on the 2015, leave it all black like you did but paint the lip blue.... maybe bass bote blue in memory of the 05.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, attempting to post a pic. This is after stripping and polishing:

I may steal this idea over the winter..

I like it!!

Smitty
Actually, you don't have to "steal" it....I've got ZRX buddies who've been polishing the black off their rims since 1999. That's 15 years, so it's in Public Domain. Anyone can do it without paying royalties. :p

I did the same thing to my ZX10 back in 06

it took most all of the day to get it done but it was worth it as I hate black wheels

yellow011_zps2d1f88dd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: