FJR wins motorcycle show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ric in Sac

Reaction score
The Fort Ord Commissary had its second annual motorcycle show last weekend. There are three bike categories in the competition -- Classic, cruiser, sport with a best overall for all three categories. The bikes are simply on display and made to look pretty.

The way the competition works is the motorcycles are assigned numbers and the commissary patrons vote for each of the categories. The bike with the most overall votes win the "best overall" prize. The winner of each class gets a pair of tickets to the Moto GP from Red Bull with pit passes, etc.

When I rolled up I noticed there was already a decked out Gold Wing, some pretty HD's, a classic 1979 Suzuki 850 in cherry condition and several sport bikes. I new more HD's and sport bikes would be showing up after me. So what class do I enter?

Realizing that "patrons" know very little about motorcycles I decided to enter the sport bike category. I took off my luggage and set it down beside the motorcycle. I also parked it right next to the sport bikes which, frankly, looked rather puny and anemic when sitting next to an FJR (which looks like a sport bike on serious steroids). Well, my tactic paid off!

The 2005 faster blue won both the sport bike category and had the most votes overall. Heh, heh ... I love old schooling the youngsters on the sports!

We now have definitive evidence that the 05 blue is the best. :yahoo:

Awesome Ric, so it's back to Laguna again this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
way to go Ric that is super. So that means you are going to the races for sure have a great time.

Highlander/Skyway - Thanks! The funny thing is Karen and I are planning to leave for WFO this Saturday via Yellowstone. I know Victor from Portland has been trying to get his hands on a couple of tickets so I may pass them on to him. Victor has two grandstand tickets but the seats are not together. Are you two looking for tickets? If so, PM me.

Great job Rick, next month our local steakhouse here is going to have a bike night with dyno drags and money prizes for most hp vtwin class and metric class. not many busa's or 14's around here so maybe I'll stand a chance. Oh there is a least one vmax that I know will probably be there should be fun anyway.

Ha, my FJR took first place in the Metric Touring Bike Category at the 2007 Federalsburg Bike show in Federalsburg, MD.

You know, I was the only one in the category, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highlander/Skyway - Thanks! The funny thing is Karen and I are planning to leave for WFO this Saturday via Yellowstone. I know Victor from Portland has been trying to get his hands on a couple of tickets so I may pass them on to him. Victor has two grandstand tickets but the seats are not together. Are you two looking for tickets? If so, PM me.
Congrats on the win :)

You are going to WFO via Yellowstone and leaving Saturday? So, how many days are you staying in Yellowstone, and how are you getting there?

O.V - I haven't bothered to figure out a route yet. I check the weather in the am then decide. We are staying at a large ranch house on Henry's Lake about 15 miles south of W. Yellowstone. Our goal is to be there late Sunday afternoon. We will use it as a base camp for 3 - 4 nights. See PM for more details.