FJR Won't Start

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having an emotional moment of appreciation here; darn'it.

Got home tonight. The FJR has been parked since last week's Texas Snow in. Went to crank, anticipating riding to work tomorrow, and eheheheheh-nothing, 3-4 times eheheheheheh-nothing.

Panic began to set in. I began to wonder what would be causing this no-start. Of course it could not be the battery, because I pulled the battery last week and charged it 100%, it was already at 75%. Put it back in and cranked it.

Wanted to make sure everything was connected and running and fully charged--as the SS1 is approaching soon.

As said, panic began to set in. I said to self; self go upstairs get on the forum, because I've read this somewhere.

Google, and whalah!....I picked up on this thread...kinda wondered what WFO meant??? Anyways, I immediately ran downstairs, rung the Throttle WFO and a [SIZE=14pt]hard "Spin Crank" like there an explosion about to happen and vroom vroom[/SIZE]...it worked.

Want to say thanks guys for your continued contributions to this forum.

If it wasn't midnight and my wife wouldn't have strangled me for waking her up, I would've shouted extremely loud...but wisdom prevailed and I just ran up here and typed a sappy [SIZE=18pt]thank you[/SIZE] attachment.

Didn't think this would settle in a week, but I was guilty as said. Cranked it cold for a minute, shut it down and left it for 1 week. Well, all is right as rain. Did ride it around tonite till I got 2 bars then brought it back in. Live and Learn.

Wasn't 'wimpying' out on the snow, sleet, and rain, but need the cage to get things to work and back.

My turn!

Ran just a few seconds the other day to check new headlight, then shutdown. Yesterday, cranked and no start. Left on battery tender, today more determined cranking, no start. Will try WOT and try again.

Still not running. This is a bitch. Strong fuel smell, but only a hint it might eventually start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out for another try and started in WOT. Nice night to ride with clear dry weather in the low 60s, but the garage still stinks of gas fumes. Didn't go far, but got 3 bars of heat into it.