FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet - EOM - 2024 - Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
EOM 2024.

I wanted to share where I am with getting things sorted out for EOM this year. Venue hunting continues to be a challenge for this event; and the facility and staff at Flatwoods have set a bar that will be difficult for any other venue to come close to - the behind the scenes aspect has not been easier anywhere else than with the team at Flatwoods.

I have a room block and rates confirmed with the Clarion Inn (formerly known as The Maggie Valley Inn) in Maggie Valley, NC - they will have the room block set up for reservations in the next few days.

EOM Event Dates: Thursday, September 19th through Sunday, September 22nd, 2024.

I do plan on have event shirts and FJRiders.com shirts / hats. And, if I can bribe Festus into it, we may do a run of RITC tumblers as well.

The on site restuarant is Catrina's Cantina (Link)

I'm going to work on finalizing catering this week so I can get a formal announcement post created and shared across the forum(s) and FB groups. We will likely end up with a "tailgate" style social event Saturday evening with catering from Butts on the Creek, door prizes, 50/50 raffle,etc at the Tiki Bar behind the hotel.

I will refresh routes to post as well.

Thank you for your patience...

Wayne

23.10.20.FJR on BRP at sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Hi:

I too would be interested in some GPX files, cause I'm not super familiar with the area. I attended NAFO in Knoxville in 2010 and it was by sheer luck that I happened onto the tail of the dragon.

If not I'll hope to meet up with some other riders who know the area better. Looking forward to a great weekend!!

I'm planning on arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday. I'd like to ride up the Blue Ridge on Friday, hoping it will be less congested than the weekend. I'd like to ride up to Mt Mitchell but that may be a bit too much since I plan on stopping a lot and enjoying it. I'll ride til I get tired and turn around.

For Saturday I'm thinking about Thunder Road:
https://mysmokymountainguide.com/blog/thunder-road-motorcycle-route/