FJR1300 Hat - Can they still be purchased?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
I bought an FJR1300 hat off the forum that had a picture that resembled my 2006 on it. ball cap was grey, with a blue FJR on it. The ocean is the new owner of my old hat and i'm trying to replace it, but i cant seem to find anyone selling that hat. they seemed to have moved on to a "GEN2" hat (which i dont particularly like). is there a place on the forum for me to buy that original cap?

thanx

Greygoose

I don't wanna step on any toes if anyone is already doing this, but if there's a reasonable market, I could probably help. My wife is an embroiderer, and she does custom work.

Here's a ZRX she does on shirt backs.
Leaning_ZRX.jpg

or a Goldwing ;)
GL1800_Orange_on_blue_denim.jpg

or a '41 Chevy ;)
41ChevyCoupe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will think on it. Each design can take hours of digitizing and tweaking. We've sold several of the ZRX sewouts -- worthwhile. We've sold a few of the Goldwing sewouts -- not so worthwhile.

I'd be interested in a nice cap. Is it possible to make some mockups to gauge interest and identify the winning design before doing any real time consuming work?

so , from what i can tell, the chances of getting another one of those original caps is slim to none. Thats a damn shame. Nice cap.

thanx

Greygoose

+1

I think that if someone who had the embroidery skills were to offer up some nice articles, ball caps, polo shirts, maybe some of those long sleeve button down chambray (denim) shirts too, you would sell a good number of them at a reasonably profitable price point.

FJR owners tend to be, shall we say, more mature, and thus have more expendable income than sport bikers. Plus, look at the enthusiasm around this place. I'd expect that you would sell hundreds of them if they are nicely done. And you'd really only have to advertise them here and the other FJR forums (for free), so no advertising overhead.

Furthermore, I have ended up putting in a healthy size tee-shirt screen printing order each year with the folks at Zazzle.com. Not because they are particularly great to work with (they aren't) or that the shirts are all that special, but rather because I have nobody else to deal with.

If somebody in that kind of business were to offer those services to the various FJR owners groups, that could be a tidy little business venture. My last two orders have been for 50-60 screen printed shirts at upwards of $1000 total just for the annual NERDS gatherings. I'd much rather be able to offer a nice embroidered shirt of some kind, even if the cost per copy is higher. And there are probably 8-10 regional owners group meetings each year.

Think about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a great, classy Yamaha cap given out as swag at the 2007 EOM.

I let my son use it...and he lost it somehow...darn kids! :D

<sniff>

I'd love a nice wool Flexfit FJR cap...even a Yamaha one. I have one of the PCA ones and, while it's real nice, it's a "formed" cap that doesn't like being scrunched up in a side bag. ;)

I'd likely be interested, also. I'm always lookin' to "represent"