Fjr1300 Paint Color Codes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a very small chip in my tank (grey is showing, one saddlebag, and on the nose of my bike ('14A). I want to get some touch up paint.

From the Bin-o-facts:

ColorRite 2014:

Deep Red Metallic K (DRMK) Code: 0918, Top Coat: 5253 Clicky Base Coat: 1253 Clicky

1. Does Yamaha not sell a bottle of touch up paint? I can't find it in the micro-fiche

2. Which one (top coat or base coat) do I buy?

3. Does "touch up small jar" mean the traditional small bottle of paint with the built in brush? I never liked those pens.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, Yamaha does not sell touchup pens - they let you buy pricey paint from Colorrite. For your red bike, I suggest taking one of the small red saddlebag plugs and going to the local mall and driving around until you see a new bright red Toyota with the same color. Get the model & year and get a touchup brush/pen from the dealer of auto parts store. I believe a Toyota 4Runner is almost identical in color. I don't think the touchup jar has a brush. BTW, the base is a bright silver. For a chip, you would probably only need a red touchup pen/brush.

2014_toyota_4runner_4dr-suv_trail-premium_fq_oem_2_2048.jpg

That's a great idea Garauld! I'll need to look for cars that might match up to my '13. Just some light scratches on the upper fairing, that I've had for the last 3 years. :)

The Toyota red is Toyota paint code 3R3 or part #00258-003R3-21. It might work for a small t/up, but I don't think I wouldn't spray a large area.

The Toyota t/up bottle has a brush and a pen. They do not sell it in a spray.

Jimmy - thanks for this information.

By the time I pay for the (ridiculously overpriced) shipping from a Toyota online vendor, or the flat out ridiculously overpriced local dealer, I just as soon order the Color rite touch up jar and brush.

For just a small spec sized nick, I am assuming that I don't need any clear coat product with this?