FJR1300 Speedometer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just my 2016 FJR GEN 4 Yesterday.
While Riding i cant see the Speed which i am travelling as the Speedo meter which shows our speed..having glare vision in the day time.
My Mech says The Speedo meter is going to spoil. I check with the Yahama Agent and a New set will cost $1200 SGD & Need to wait for 1 to 3 Months any other Riders encounter same issue ?
How do i resolved this issue.

Definitely a brightness setting. Holler if you can't find the procedure. Mine is very unreadable at low settings, especially on a sunny day with glare. Not sure where I set it, 75% to full brightness, and never had trouble reading it since.

To enter the settings mode press and hold the MENU switch (the one on the front of the left hand control housing) for at least 2 seconds. Use the SELECT (the one on top of the housing to move up and down) to get to brightness. Push MENU again then use SELECT to get to the brightness you want. Push MENU to return to the settings mode. Starting the bike will save your settings.

Make sure to report back and let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
On my 2016 the procedure is to hold the display selector "trigger" for 2 seconds. That'll put the display in the setup menu mode. Use the rocker switch to move the highlight down to the "BRIGHTNESS" setting and tap the "trigger" switch to select. You can then move the arrow up or down as needed to adjust brightness. Move the arrow all the way up to select the "back" icon to get back to the main menu if there is other stuff you want to play with. Otherwise hold the selector "trigger" for 2 seconds to exit the setup menu. Hope this helps.

To enter the settings mode press and hold the MENU switch (the one on the front of the left hand control housing) for at least 2 seconds. Use the SELECT (the one on top of the housing to move up and down) to get to brightness. Push MENU again then use SELECT to get to the brightness you want. Push MENU to return to the settings mode. Starting the bike will save your settings.

Looks like I was 28 minute too late. ;)

On my 2016 the procedure is to hold the display selector "trigger" for 2 seconds. That'll put the display in the setup menu mode. Use the rocker switch to move the highlight down to the "BRIGHTNESS" setting and tap the "trigger" switch to select. You can then move the arrow up or down as needed to adjust brightness. Move the arrow all the way up to select the "back" icon to get back to the main menu if there is other stuff you want to play with. Otherwise hold the selector "trigger" for 2 seconds to exit the setup menu. Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing the info. Will try out soon.