FJR13AE needs to return to it's roots!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev

Reaction score
I have decided based on this link Here! that it may be cheaper to revert to a Manual Shift system, I need to know what would be involved as the SemiAuto system is said to be only an ADD-ON which if removed can be replaced with a Manual Shift and Clutch Lever.

I just need it confirmed and the wiring requirements would be reduced and then I can put a standard 2ndhand ECU on the bike at a fraction of the cost of a new AE type ECU with the problem still being in the background to raise it's head again :angry2:

Thanks so far for the help per the linky above.

Kev

FJR1300AE US/Hawaiian Model in Ireland this last 2 years come next September 2009

:dribble:

I'll start the list for you.Clutch lever.
I guess I have to put this one here too. :p
Loser.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jokes apart I need to get this machine back on the road, looks pretty in the garden but no use that way :help:

kev, I red your other post and this one. Seems to me that 1) fixing all the ground issues (yes, time-consuming, I know) and 2) replacing the ECU is all you need to do. You would do well to coat the ground connections with a dielectric after a thorough cleaning. Perhaps there are some savvy electrical types on teh forum who could throw in their $0.02.

Consider keeping your bike an AE as it was intended, though you will need to spend some time and money on it. Sounds like you were considering a bit of a project anyway.

Jokes apart I need to get this machine back on the road, looks pretty in the garden but no use that way :help:
Key,

I feel for you!

I have had various SHFT__26 problems over the last 18 months that have left me stranded many, many times!

My bike is coming up on 6 months at 3 different dealers and Yamaha is replacing yet another $1800 part (not sure what it is) but they tell me this will fix the problems (they told me this with confidence the first 5 or 6 times I picked it).

I really do hope you get your problem fixed soon!

Best regards,

Shane