FJR13R

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
After the recent discussion of the VIN numbers and what they mean I was looking at a printout from local Yammy dealer on the recalls that had been done on my bike. I noticed that the model was an FJR13R. I was wondering what the R meant. I have read about A's and AE's but don't recall reading about an R model.

Thanks

Mark

Just a model and (year) designator.

My 2004 FJR is a FJR13S. Since there was an ABS version and also the California versions, there were also FJR13AS, FJR13SC, and FJR13ASC. If your 03 FJR had been a Kali version, it would be FJR13RC.

Edit:

And to continue, 05 FJRs use the designator 'T'.

Starting with 06 there are some changes in the conventional numbering as ABS is no longer an option - now standard on every FJR, and the AE version becomes available. And obviously 'U' was skipped.

2006: FJRAV, FJRAVC, FJR13AEV, FJR13AEVC

2007: FJRAW, FJRAWC, FJRAEW, FJRAEWC

2008: I assume it will be an 'X', but for some odd reason, 08 FJRs are not listed on Yammie's website in the parts catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to continue, 05 FJRs use the designator 'T'.
Starting with 06 there are some changes in the conventional numbering as ABS is no longer an option - now standard on every FJR, and the AE version becomes available. And obviously 'U' was skipped.
I wonder if the 'U' were 2005 1/2 models? Any if anybody with 2008, 2009, and 2010 want to add verified information...that would be cool too.

Seeing if I can add to the FJR Forum Model Comparison Matrix

Some time back I built this table out of personal curiosity. My source was simply the bike selection pulldowns on the Yammy parts catalog.

There was no 'U' listed anywhere, maybe the letter means something else already in their "system." 2010 FJRs aren't on the parts catalog yet.