FJR1400 Coming Soon!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
blashhemy, I know but: make the motor better. I have a carb'ed '03 Kaw ZRX1200R that has a better motor than the FJR's in virtually every respect. that's the only real complaint I have. I'd like the FJR to be lighter and it would benefit from a more tunable suspension but the motor is what really needs to be better.

oldryder,

can you be more specific as to what is wrong with the FJR motor?

cadman

This could get good

Yeah..., but...
When Yamaha went from Gen I to Gen II they made the bike bigger and heavier -- and sold more product.

8< 8< 8<

What kind of message does this send to the manufacturer...? :blink: :unsure:
Classic example of "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc" logic.

The fact that they sold more 2nd gens most likely had more to do with them ditching the PDP and improved some of the little flaws of the 1st gen design than the increased size and weight did (IMO).

oldryder,can you be more specific as to what is wrong with the FJR motor?

cadman
It is buzzy and needs more power to compete in the ST arena. The trans could also be a lot smoother. Overall I like the engine in my 2007 FJR, however, it falls short of the C14 engine. I have a ZX-14 and that motor and trans are like butter - it is sewing machine smooth at all RPMs.

I would love to see a 2010 FJR 1400 with 165hp, six speed trans that is smooth like its competition, lighter clutch, smoother throttle, etc.

Did someone mention lighter?

Here ya go......2010 FJR

l-e-solex-2-0-est-un-revelateur-de-.jpg

The pics and article are old, August 31, 08 so the news is not new. I heard at SFO in April that Yamaha would be going to a 1400 soon and when they didn't make any changes to the 09 FJR, that pretty much backed it up. Not sure why some of you are not believing it. I don't think those pics are completely accurate of what the bike will look like, but I bet it's close. Just like in the past when they have put up photos that don't match what we received.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeSides, with the economy in the state it's in, with comments from different manufacturers (including BMW) about the sport-touring market being rather "flat" and the tooling that's required to make massive changes to a solid platform....
This really sounds like someone's pipe-dream.
Agreed. Whatever development Yamaha has put into a Gen III FJR is probably gathering dust in a warehouse right now. There's zero incentive for them to launch a re-vamped sport-touring bike for 2010 when the current market is flat to declining. The only growth segments of the 2-wheeled powersports market is in dual-sport bikes and scooters.

My money is on a US launch of the XT 660Z Tenere and a world-wide launch of the XT 1200Z Super Tenere for 2010, but not a new FJR (which will be red for 2010).

it's much smoother, seems to have more torque (although the bike is 100 lbs less), revs higher, tranny is smoother.

FJR is good. ZRX is excellent.

blashhemy, I know but: make the motor better. I have a carb'ed '03 Kaw ZRX1200R that has a better motor than the FJR's in virtually every respect. that's the only real complaint I have. I'd like the FJR to be lighter and it would benefit from a more tunable suspension but the motor is what really needs to be better.

oldryder,

can you be more specific as to what is wrong with the FJR motor?

cadman

Well if it is true it would not be before 2010 model year. I could however imagine something like the pics because Yamaha might decide to use ram air like on the V-MAX to give the FJR that big boost. Not that it needs more than it already has. But a smoother engine would be nice.

Congrats. It hadn't been regurgitated for some months, but for the record.....this is the sixth time this bad Photochop has come up. It first started as the rumor for the 2009.

Closing yet another duplicate and funneling newbies to the original.

If people want to talk about a real 2010 FJR successor that doesn't include the Photochop....well maybe that would be worthy of a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.