Flag mount for gen2.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapshoot

Reaction score
I just signed up to ride with the Patriot Guard Riders. I now need to outfit my steed with a flag mount that will handle a 3'x5' flag at highway speeds with out breaking or trashing my girl. Has anyone done this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im thinking of fabbing a steel mount that would bolt on top of my trunk mount using the existing hardware. The pole holder would be wielded to a player and mounted at a rearward angle of about 75 degrees and braced on the rear side.

My concern is will the tail section hold up to that kind of stress. Do those trunk mount bolts go to the frame?

Any ideas?

Brodie has done it... https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=19967&view=findpost&p=238906

DSC00366.jpg

I choose to fly three smaller flags all the time...hate the trouble of putting on and up and off and down the big ones and when I have to ride "protection" at speed, the big flag doesn't cut it. You have to make daily decisions whether to fly a big flag depending on anticipated speed and conditions. It makes more sense with a Ultra or Goldwing or big bike with a receiver type trailer hitch. There are robust pole mounts ready to go.