Flashing Brake Lites

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone out there tried the selfcontained flashing tail light bulbs that flash when you brake. They are a replacement for stock tail light bulbs.
I have read about those bulbs, and considered them, but that is far as it went. I did purchase a plug and play product from vizi-tech ... Like the bulbs, the non-invasive aspect and simple install was appealing. This unit was a flasher that modulated the stock bulbs, I know that others have had good luck with this product that simply plugs into the rear break and blinker wiring harness. However, the device they sent me never worked. I contacted them about it, and they suggested that I was plugging it in "backwards" which is impossible to do actually. They wanted pictures of how I plugged it in. So I sent pictures. Then never heard from them again ... no refund, no replacement ... nothing. After three weeks and as many e-mails, I just gave up. SO ... in short I would not recommend Vizi-Tech products ... possibly just my device was bad, but that does not excuse the poor, poor (non-existent) customer service. If you go with the bulbs let us know how they work out. Good Luck.

Are you talking about the Tail blazers bulbs that flash? I have those in conjunction with the Whelen Starburst DLX3 light Galaxy Blue shows above.

The Tail Blazers are great and don't "turn off" your rear lights for any period of time. They will interfere with cruise control operation. However, since I don't have CC, I love them, and haven't had any issues with them.
Fixed.

And a CLICKY for them.
Um...Unless you changed your light out, you have the Whelen. How do I know you ask. Cuz that's the light I bought after you linked me to it. I still have your PM saved in my FJR email folder.

This is the link you sent:

SWPS
Interesting... They discontinued the DLX3. The Whelen is similar to it though.

Here is what I did, video on page.

Signal Dynamics

I know some people don't like the flashing headlights, but I ride daily in Dallas traffic and it makes a HUGE difference in visibility.

Anyone out there tried the selfcontained flashing tail light bulbs that flash when you brake. They are a replacement for stock tail light bulbs.